Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    shakhawet Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 11:04 PM
    Data validation - List - different worksheet
    I have installed office 2010.I have a excel file created with excel-2003.Data validation-list-different worksheet is not working when opening Excel file in 97-2003 compatibility mode.But Data validation-list-same worksheet is working.

Can u please anyone suggest me to resolve this.
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Jul 27, 2011, 06:21 AM

Problems in the sheet itself, it sounds like.

On the sheet with the DV list, make sure you create a Named Range from the list, like MyList or MyNames, then use the name in your DV formula:

Allow: List
    Source: =MyList

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

List out a data conversion process? [ 0 Answers ]

I am Dinesh. I am looking for Data Conversion Process and genuine service provider.

Columns of data in Excel into rows of data [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I have 2 columns (column A, column B) of data in Excel. I need to make the data into row in such arrangement column A1 goes to row 1, column B1 goes to row 2, column A2 goes to row 3, column B2 goes to row 4, and so on). I have over 1000 records in column A and column B to make that happen. Any...

Collect data into 2 combo boxes from data in an access table [ 1 Answers ]

I have two combo boxes. When the form loads the db connection opens a recordset that selects all the data from the retaillocations table. When you choose the region (0-4), that number loads into a text box and the Contacts load into the forst combo box. Now I want to select only the Name based on...

Transmitting data and receiving data wireless through moirco-controller [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I want to transmit data from one microcontroller to another microcontroller wirelessly. The micro-controller are connected to one computer each through a serial cable. I want it to transmit data from the hyper terminal to the 1st micro-controller. For example, when I type the letter "a", it...

View more questions Search