Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    steven1957 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 07:25 PM
    My girl friend is from ghana and I want to move her to Kansas in the usa how do I do
    My girl friend lives in ghana and I want to move her to Kansas, what do I need to do, how do I do it, and how much does it cost to do everything?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 07:34 PM

Hello s:

If you got your girlfriend from an email, you've ALREADY been scammed and those scamming you are looking for MORE money.

Or, I could be wrong... You could have met her at college and fallen in love... But, I don't think so. This IS a well known scam, by the way. I'm NOT making it up.

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 25, 2011, 07:39 PM

How did you meet her? Have you been with her in person?
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 25, 2011, 07:40 PM
    I hate to ask you this but it is something you need to consider. If I am way off, then I apologize but I just don't want to see anyone scammed. I belong to a group that deals with scammers. 419 scammers and "Russian" dating scammers are ones I deal with specifically. Although it is referred to as "Russian Dating", it actually covers people from anywhere. I have seen Chinese, Japanese, even English scammers.

So, with all that said, I have to ask... do you actually know her personally? Have you actually met her? The most common thing is that you will get an email and somehow the 2 of you will "connect". She will write to you and tell you great things... you will get pictures of her. As it progresses, she will tell you how she loves you and how she wants to live with you... BUT... she can't afford to move to be with you. Occasionally, they will even throw in somewhere that they have a sick mother or grandparent or something and will need money to help them with the hospital. Anyway, you will be so caught up in this that you of course will send the money that is needed to get them to come see you or live with you. Usually that will involve the cost of passports and plane tickets, sometimes a few other things. Once you send the needed money (most likely it will need to be sent using Western Union) you will be lucky if you never hear from them again. More often than not, once you send money, it will become more dramatic to the point that they needed to use that money for some other emergency but they really, really want to live with you... so of course, you will send more.

Like I said, I don't know your situation and if I'm wrong, I apologize... but if any of this sounds familiar AT ALL, you are being scammed. Not an easy thing to hear but it does happen.

I hope I am wrong about this. Take care.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 25, 2011, 07:43 PM
    Comment on odinn7's post
    Damn, I always get beat out by quicker posters but at least I'm not the only one that is thinking this.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 25, 2011, 07:43 PM

A visa and passport will cost about 300. No there is no physcial required. NO they do not have to have 10,000 ( or any money) in the bank.

Ghana is the most famous place for internet dating scams, there are rooms full of old ladies, men and kids who email 1000's of people every day, they use and share photos and IDs that seem to work well.

So unless you actually meet her at a school, at a business meeting or in a trip over there, no she is not real, most likely she is not even a she.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2011, 08:40 PM
    'She' is a pretty picture, that's all. Her picture goes out to hundreds, thousands, and they get money out of as many men as they can. They always have one more reason for not being able to get on a plane, and it always involves needing more money. DON'T SEND A DIME. It's a bunch of guys sitting around a computer. Ghana is the 'I need money to leave the country' capitol of the world. Russia is the organized crime bank hacking capitol. Nigeria is the eBay scam capitol.
    steven1957 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 02:19 AM
    Getting a passport and visa in Ghana
    How does my girl friend get a passport and visa in Ghana, and what would it cost? I've met her over the internet, and we what to get married, I've never seen her in person, I need to know the best way to get her to Hiawatha Kansas, without any problems. How can I pay for everything to get her here without sending the money to her to pay for the passport and visa and the plane ticket.Please I need all the help that I can get,and is there anything else that could come up that would cost me more money. Thanks steve
    Curlyben Posts: 18,514, Reputation: 1860
    BossMan

Jul 26, 2011, 02:25 AM
    Be aware that this is a well documented SCAM!
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2011, 04:39 AM
    HUGE massive scam.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2011, 04:53 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by steven1957 View Post
    How does my girl friend get a passport and visa in Ghana, and what would it cost? ive met her over the internet,
    Hello steven:

Have you NOT listened to ANYTHING we've said?? NOTHING?? Dude..

excon
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 26, 2011, 06:33 AM

How can i pay for everything to get her here without sending the money to her to pay for the passport and visa and the plane ticket.

There is no way for you to pay for everything. She is fake no matter what she tells you. This is a scam. DO NOT send her money.
    Entomology Expert

Jul 26, 2011, 08:23 AM
    Steven... come on! WAKE UP! We are all trying to help you out here, you are being scammed for money! Do not fall for this! Nothing that I wrote sounds vaguely familiar to you? I bet "she" followed that script pretty close to what I wrote out in my last reply. How do you figure I know all this about your relationship? I have seen this and I have posed as a victim many times in these dating scams to waste their time (sometimes they turn out to be amusing... I was Hannibal from the A-Team in one of them, but that's a whole different story) and I have seen it all. Please listen to us. I know it's not easy to hear that someone that you have feelings for is not who they say and is only using you but that is how it is and nobody here wants to see you screwed over like this. You will send the money and they will ask for more. They will keep telling you how they love you until the time comes when you run out of money... then that will be the end of it. You will never see them Steven... Trust us.

If you need any more information about this PM me. I also bet that if you PM me her name and a photo of her and give me a day, I can come up with different names attached to that photo from other sources probably also different versions of the letters you have gotten.

DO NOT SEND ANY MONEY!
    NYcityboy Posts: 785, Reputation: 65

Jul 27, 2011, 06:33 PM

The cost of a passport and visa are minimal, she should be able to pay for that. You can pay the airline directly. Good luck, I hope its real.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 28, 2011, 11:09 AM

Send her about 10,000 and tell her you love her, it will still be a cheap lesson learned.

Passport and visa are 300 dollars more or less.

There is no requirement for a medical ( no matter how many wonderful links or sites they send you

There is no requirement for money in the bank before they get on the plane.

Plane tickets can be done prepaid though the airline.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I want to travel from Ghana to usa,I have only passport,what else do I need? [ 3 Answers ]

I want to travel from Ghana to usa,I have only passport,what else do I need?

What does a ghana medical test look like to come to the usa [ 2 Answers ]

Can anyone show me a picture of one because the one that the girl sent me is just a simple test for something else not hiv??

Immigration of my girl friend from Ghana to the USA [ 12 Answers ]

There is a girl in Accra, Ghana that has an expired passport and I want her to come here with me in the USA on a Fiancé Visa. I need to know what documents she needs and the cost. And then how will I know when I can book the flight in the USA with a Credit Card and have her fly here. Any...

A friend want to come to the usa to visit from ghana [ 3 Answers ]

My friend want to travel to america from ghana, they have been told that there is a declaration fee to travel, is this true?? If yes what is the minimum and maximum amount to travel to the usa??

View more questions Search