Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    alyce4253 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 05:05 PM
    How to fix the plastic guide that the metal drum sits on my ge dryer
    I have a ge profile cloths dryer that squeals its eelectric the repairman said it the plastic guide that the metal drum sits on between the door they want 250.00
    drtom4444 Posts: 3,282, Reputation: 145
    Ultra Member

Jul 25, 2011, 09:29 PM
    It's about a 4 hour job because you need to tear it down and clean it as well as replace the belt at the same time ($5). It's not a hard thing to do, just time-consuming. Go on YouTube for instructions. DrTom4444

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Kenmore stackable dryer sounds like metal rolling in drum [ 2 Answers ]

Yesterday, I started drying a load of clothes and it sounded like there was something metal in the drum. I checked and there was nothing. I dried the clothes and the dryer worked fine. The clothing dried, but the sound continued. I thought that I was just missing the piece of metal. However, when I...

Front of dryer making metal on metal scrape [ 0 Answers ]

GE hot point dryer. Front of drum is scraping on the front panel it seems. I can pin point the noise as coming from the area near the blower. It does not appear to be the blower. I have replaced the glide strips and ensured the felt sealer is in seemingly good condition. However I can see some...

Is there a way to check dryer drum roller bearing w/o removing the drum? [ 0 Answers ]

Dryer makes a tapping noise when you turn it on, doesn't make noise when you hand turn it. Have taken apart and check for any item that might be stuck to belt or roller w/o removing the drum. All check out okay. Believe it is a roller bearing but can't determine which one, have not taken drum off....

How to fix a bad rear drum bearing on a GE gas dryer [ 0 Answers ]

I have a GE gas dryer that is 12 years old. It is now squeeking very loudly when drying a load. I tool off the front door and I see the small plastic slide guides are in place and look to be in somewhat good condition. The loud squeek noise seems to be coming from the rear of the drum - I think....

View more questions Search