Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rcolb Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 04:53 PM
    Electric wiring size for underground
    I am running underground from a 100 amp panel (in house) to my new garage approx 150 feet away. What size wire (would 10/3 work?) would work if I needed 220v as well as 110 lights and 110 v outlets ?
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 05:47 PM
    Depends on your total load, especially for a 220V device. What are you hoping to run. You will use a subpanel?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What size underground cable do I need [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 175' run from panel to an outlet for a swimming pool pump that says 10 amp on it. What size cable do I need to use to make that run.

National Electric Code for underground wire [ 6 Answers ]

Does underground wire for street lighting have to be covered?

Generator underground feed cable size [ 18 Answers ]

I need to install a 175 foot underground feed between a generator and a building and need help with finding the wire. My research indicates I can use either a copper 2-2-2-4 thhn or aluminum 00-00-00-1 thhn in a grey schedule 40 conduit. Is my research correct? What is the precise desingation...

Wire & underground conduit size [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I will need an electrical wire run between a small transformer and the main control panel for the house. I expect the transformer to push 220 or 240 volts at 200 amps. The transformer will be just under 140 feet from the panel. What size wire should I use and what is the minimum size...

Install underground Pettsafe electric fence [ 4 Answers ]

I hve been planning to install an underground fence for my 10 pound yorkie/zu. While reading about these I came across info on the Instant fence from Petsafe. This type sends out radio waves from a transmitter (the trans mitter is inside of the house or another place like a garage.) The waves...

View more questions Search