Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aliput Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 08:49 AM
    holding 2nd deed
    Someone has expressed interest in purchasing my home with 100% financing--I will carry a 20% 2nd deed. The price is below market value--I backed out the real estate commission. Was curious if this person defaulted on the 1 st and the property sells at auction for more than is left, will I get the "leftovers" or will the 1st lender get to keep everything.

thanks
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 10:49 AM
    Ok, first you have a 2nd mortgage not a 2nd deed.

If they default and the 1st mortgage holder forcloses, the houses almost never ever sell close to their value. Expect it to sell at auction for no more than what is owed on the first mortgage and normally a lot less than that.
    ( often the 1st mortgage holder bids the mortgage amount, so they basically pay thierself off and then they own the property)

If the house does sell for more than the sell costs and the fist mortgage, then anything over the 1st mortgage goes to pay the 2nd mortgage.

If it sells for more than the 1st and the 2nd ( and I have never seen that happen) the extra goes to the people who were foreclosed on.

But basically if you are holding a second for 20 percent if the buyers go bankrupt or if they get forclosed don't expect to get any of your money.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Corrective Deed, New Quit Claim Deed, or See an Attorney? [ 4 Answers ]

I have a major problem with a quit claim deed that was done regarding my father's property. The intention was to put me in the deed but as an heir to the property, not as a co-owner or anything like that. So, a quit claim deed was filled out and recorded at the clerk of the circuit court. However,...

Holding down the flusher? [ 1 Answers ]

We have to hold down the handle on the toilet to get it to flush all the way and sometimes there are still things left at the bottom. Any idea on what we can do to make it flush without holding the handle, and what can I do about the leftovers? Help please.

Something Holding Me Down... [ 3 Answers ]

It happened about a year ago. I was sleeping and I wanted to wake up and I did. (I usually do that if I feel like something bad is about to happen). So I woke up and couldn't move. And I could see this thing it was black kind of shadow like holding me down. And everything kind of calmed down since...

Holding on... [ 4 Answers ]

Ok, this is going to be a long one... so hold on here and bear with me please... I have only loved one person in my short life-span (20, f), I had a 3 month relationship with him after knowing him for 2.5 yrs, it was long-distance. We ended it on good terms, he just couldn't take not being...

Holding new kittens [ 3 Answers ]

How long after kittens are born can they be touched or held ? I was told that if they were touched too soon the mother would push them away... true or not?

View more questions Search