Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jul 25, 2011, 02:09 PM
    Yet another worry...
    I posted a few weeks back wondering if I was pregnant. I have borderline personality disorder so some of the symptoms of possible pregnancy would be masked such as fatigue and mood swings. I didn't have unprotected sex, he entered me once and I know that could be all it takes but we used a condom after that. It's been 4 months since any intercourse or sexual contact with my boyfriend as I am in a different city at university. I can get very paranoid sometimes about these things. I took a pregnancy test the day my next period was due after intercourse, it was negative and my period came 4 days later. Then around 2 weeks ago (4 months after intercourse) I took another pregnancy test (clear blue advance) and it came up as "not pregnant". After I eat, my stomach becomes hard, bloated and gassy. I also watched a progamme on women who didn't even know they were pregnant and I just became more and more paranoid. I have gained a bit of weight but I'm not sure if that's the depression side of my mental illness because I do eat a lot more.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2011, 02:14 PM
    Are you on medications of any kind?

Jul 25, 2011, 02:22 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    No, I haven't been on medication for 2 years. Took tegretol from age 15 to 17
    current pert

Jul 25, 2011, 02:52 PM
    You had an old question about break through bleeding and the pill? (I didn't read it.) The pill is a medication. You are no longer on it? When did you stop, if so?

Jul 25, 2011, 02:54 PM
    I stopped the pill in February, the intercourse in question is from April.
    current pert

Jul 25, 2011, 03:03 PM
    It's been 4 months since you've had sex.
    You've had at least one period (how many), and 2 negative tests?
    I do realize that there are rare cases of women who are pregnant and have no outward signs, but if you are worried after 4 months just because of abdominal bloating, I would suggest buying a whole case of tests and taking one every 2 weeks using morning urine. A cheap peace of mind.
    Bloating is usually stress. It's gas that isn't working it's way out easily because you are anxious, possibly constipated or slow to digest, and breathing too shallowly, also from stress. Breathing deeply is so simple and so important, many times a day (exaggerate it) and take a walk with exaggerated strides too. Keep your diet high in fiber and all that good stuff too, as best you can.

Women with mood swings often find that the pill helps even them out, so was that not true for you? Did you give it more than a month or two to see? (I'm not trying to make you change your mind though.)

Jul 25, 2011, 03:14 PM
    Thank you joypulv.

I had my period in May and June and my July period is due tomorrow.

My mood swings/mood instability are down to my mental illness and the pill made me have more low points and I felt more suicidal whilst on it.

I do tend to binge eat after long periods of not eating but an apple and a few strawberries a day and most of the binging food is junk.

Also, lately I've noticed that I've become unable to pass excriment everyday, I have to strain yet still nothing.

Is it safe to say I'm not pregnant?
    current pert

Jul 25, 2011, 03:27 PM
    Yes. Just having a food baby, LOL. Work on that healthy diet. (I should talk.)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this something to worry about? [ 35 Answers ]

Hi everyone, I am wondering if I lost his trust and was I wrong in this situation? And if I did loose his trust how do I gain it back? Here is the situation... A couple of weeks ago. I did something that I'm not so sure if I was wrong or if it was okay to do so. I hung out with his guy friends...

Do I have something to worry about? [ 7 Answers ]

So I swear I'm not snooping. But, I've had a really weird start to this relationship. I've been with my boyfriend for about a year. I do trust him but on his myspace it showed he was still single and had his ex as number 1. Then I asked him about it and kind of made him change it. Then I was...

What do I need to worry about? [ 4 Answers ]

I'm considering a separation from my wife of 11 years due to a variety of reasons. I'm likely going to take a job somewhere outside the metro area we live in. What do I need to be concerned about? We have two kids and a shared house for which we're both listed on the mortgage. She can have...

Should I worry? [ 2 Answers ]

My period normally comes on different days every month... My last three cycles were: Nov4-8, Nov27-Dec4, Dec28- Jan3. It's the 30th Jan and I haven't got a period since the last one. I've been crampy for almost the entire cycle. So I'm not even sure if I'm really late. I did have unprotected...

View more questions Search