Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cubsmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 12:49 PM
    Selling a contract
    I hold the contract for deed. Can I sell it to another party?
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 01:06 PM

Hello c:

If the contract itself doesn't preclude you from selling, of course.

excon
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 25, 2011, 05:40 PM

If you own the contract with no clauses in it that prevents you from selling it to another party, then yes, you can sell it. But you must notify the purchaser of the original contract for deed that the contract has been sold so they know where to send their money to.
    cubsmomma Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 27, 2011, 04:16 AM
    Thank you for the answers, I did find the clause that states I could convey, sell my interest in etc... appreciate tour time. Tanks again!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Selling a home contract for deed [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I want to know if anybody knows if you can sell your home contract for deed to someone, when you still owe money on it to a mortgage company or if it needs to be paid off. This home in question is in Minnesota if that make a difference on state laws. Thanks for any help ...

Selling a timeshare with ex's name on contract [ 1 Answers ]

I purchased a timeshare over 11 years ago with my boyfriend at the time. We separated about a year after the purchase and he has not been seen nor heard from since. I have been using the timeshare with no problems, but would like to look into selling it now. A few years ago I tried to location...

Selling contract to purchase [ 5 Answers ]

I have an opportunity to buy a condo below market value. Rather than "eat up" potential profits in mortgage closing costs, I'm wondering if I can sell the contract to purchase or sell to someone in a way that will not require paying closing costs to buy and then closing costs to resell it. Any...

Selling a House that is under Contract for Deed [ 5 Answers ]

What a great site for information, I hope that others don't mind giving me their insight on our situation... I have spoken with my attorney and gotten his opinion, but like everything there are 3 ways usually to do one thing. We bought a house 3 years ago from friends of my inlaws with a...

Tax Benefits when selling on Contract [ 3 Answers ]

Can you give be a brief overview on what I need to claim as income and can write off as deductions when selling on contract? Do you have a CPA file your taxes? Also, do you set up a separate business or just file under your own social security number? Thanks again, Lora

View more questions Search