Ask
    khansara Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 25, 2011, 04:44 AM
    How to convince parents for intercast marriage
    I am hindu and he is muslim now how do I convince my parents
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 25, 2011, 06:20 AM
    Stay respectful and helpful around the house and them.
    Research online how many interfaith and intercaste marriages are happening in your country.
    Look for interfaith groups in your city or town, or online, even if they are about politics or just open mindedness and not marriage specifically.
    Tell your parents that you want to introduce him to them. Tell them what is education and career plans are.
    If they agree, have him bring a small gift, arrive well dressed, tell them he is honored to meet the people who brought you into the world, and discuss what he can offer.
    Try to explain that in the modern world, it's education and career that mean more for a stable future than family background and money and religion.
    It won't be easy, and you may get nowhere.
    Then you have to decide if you want to leave together and possibly be disowned.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How to convince parents for intercast marriage? [ 4 Answers ]

Hi All, This is very first posting on any social networking site on my personal issue, but I have decided to go for this as I was very much upset with the kind of situation which is building around me. I am in a serious relationship with a girl for last 5years and she is not from my cast (she is...

Trying to convince my parents for intercast marrige [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I'm in love with a guy from intercast badly but I don't understand how to tell my parents that I'm in love with someone & wants to marry him but with their permission.. plzzzz help me, suggest me something??

Convincing parents for intercast marriage [ 1 Answers ]

I am in love with girl who is tamil brahmin her parents are complitely against our wish... and very much stubborn they are not even ready to talk to me... Kindly suggest the way we can make her parents convinced.

View more questions Search