Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Eagle Renter Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 07:36 AM
    Carpet replacement Statute
    I live in Colorado and I have been told that there is a statute which stipulates the landlord and or renting facility must replace the carpet after 7 years. Is this true? If this is true does the carpet need to be cleaned by the renter prior to this happening?

Second (or third, however you look at it) question... my carpet is in terrible shape and I know for a fact that it needs replacement. Do I still have to clean it before it is ripped out?

I think that's all I have for now.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2007, 08:57 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Eagle Renter
    Is this true?
    Hello Eagle:

No.

excon
    Cvillecpm Posts: 553, Reputation: 28

Jan 31, 2007, 09:23 AM
    Doubtful and if there were, it would not be required to be replaced with a tenant in the unit.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 31, 2007, 10:31 AM
    No to my knowledge there is no law requiring carpet to be replaced after any number of years. ( there is not even a law saying there has to e carpet, they could rip it out and have a bear wood floor if they wanted to and though anyone would rent it that way.

But if the rental agreement says you have to clear it prior to moving out, then you have to clean it unless they allow you not to.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Water under my carpet [ 1 Answers ]

Dear ask, I noticed my carpet was wet near my side wall in my bedroom from under my entertainment center, I have a cement floor where can this water becoming from, I have a leak under my faucet that is on the opposite side of the wall,in my bathroom I had some work done and they put in that...

Carpet Replacement [ 1 Answers ]

My wife and I were renting in oceanside, Ca. we were getting our final inspection on the house and the said we owe the $650 for the carpet because of a pet accident on the carpet. We heard the if you rental a place for more than a year in CA, that the landlord has to replace the carpet. Is this...

Changing of Carpet [ 4 Answers ]

In Colorado, does a landlord have to change the carpet of an apartment that was previously rented by persons with a pet before the next tenant can move in?

New carpet [ 1 Answers ]

I recently had new carpet installed in my home and each time I vacuum it, the vacuum leaves fuz on the carpet. Is this normal for new carpet or is it a problem with my vacuum, which is also new. We have low pile carpet and the vacuum is set on medium height.

Carpet spots [ 4 Answers ]

Lately our carpet has developed these spots about dime sized all over the living room. We thought they were spills from our 1 yr old but they keep multiplying without cause. We think it might be mold but we are not sure. Has anyone seen this and what should we do? We are putting in laminate...

View more questions Search