Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jul 24, 2011, 10:56 AM
    Range hood
    Have on of those range hood that is convertible. Duct or ductless. Mine just re circles
    Air into a filter. Problem is on the front of the hood, there are vents, and air is coming out.
    When it is running and not going into the filter.
    I think those vents are for duct work setup. What to do?

tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 24, 2011, 11:38 AM

Most good range hoods are vented to the outside. I have one like yours, and the filter just gets greasy. When I do my kitchen make over I am going to make sure I have it vented outside. Mine is like yours, vent on the outside and a filter inside.

Tick
    ma0641 Posts: 15,675, Reputation: 1012
    Uber Member

Jul 24, 2011, 11:40 AM
    The air has to go somewhere and the vents in the front are for that purpose. The fan picks up the air from the renge, it is sucked through the filter and then blown back through the front vents. If you can feel air being sucked in, it is working properly. If you do convert to a vented hood, you gat a plastic trim piece that blocks the front vent holes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Range hood electrical [ 1 Answers ]

I am installing a Broan Allure I range hood but the house electrical is on the left side of the duct work and not long enough to reach the knockout for the wires which is on the right side of the appliance. What can be done in order to make this work? Is splicing the wires an option?

Range Hood Microwave install [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, I am replacing a standard range hood with a microwave and have a problem. I agree that it was way to low, so I took a few inches off the cabinet and it seems to be an OK height, but it is deeper than the cabinets so it sticks out and blocks the range top. I only need a few inches. ...

Range Hood Electrical Connection [ 1 Answers ]

Hi: I am replacing my microwave above the stove with a range hood. The only problem is, how do I connect the wires from the new hood? I currently have an outlet where the microwave was plugged into. Any suggestions? Thanks

Jenn Air Range Hood [ 3 Answers ]

I bought a new Jenn-Air hood (JXT5830) to install over the range in my kitchen. I then connected the wires as per the instructions, but none of the front lights or functions worked. The company is the worst imaginable-- no help at all to installers, so I must rely on my friends here. I connected...

View more questions Search