Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rporend Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 12:22 AM
    Network Problem
    I am having problem with my network. I am wondering why the new cabling I made I having problem connecting to my assisting network. I use belden cat5e and did not even exceed 30 meters length. *** help..
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 24, 2011, 12:30 AM
    What kind of connection problems are you having? What is your router? What is the OS on the computers? Please provide details about the network itself and if possible more details about the problem you are specifically having.
    rporend Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 24, 2011, 01:20 AM
    I used straight-through wiring using a crimper. The connection is between a fast switch and a desktop. The length of the wire is 20 meters. I have use a cable tester to check if my connection is good. The light indicator from 1 to 8 lighted. I tried connecting it to my laptop still I can not connect. I made a new cable about 2 meters and I works with the desktop and the laptop. I find it really unusual..
    sarojrach Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 2, 2011, 03:40 AM
    OK do this re clamp your cable.
    1. Orange
    2. Orange White
    3. Green
    4. Blue white
    5. Blue
    6. Green White
    7. Brown
    8. Brown White and you can access internet on
    darkvision Posts: 232, Reputation: 15

Sep 28, 2011, 07:43 AM
    Here's something you won't find in your text book :P
    Different pc's send out different voltages, especially dependent on current load(problems like this can be found with long cables on usb devices as well). In other words even though it SHOULD be sending out xxx its instead sending a lower voltage and therefore can't reach through 20m of cable. This is very likely if the cable is tested good, and a shorter length of cable is working fine. You may need to use a booster(most smart hubs, and all routers/switches have that functionality). So either make use of a shorter cable or get any form of repeater in their.

Also just a thought but if your going over that kind of distance the cable starts to get really expensive is their a particular reason your not just going wireless?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Network problem between 2 PC [ 3 Answers ]

To all, I have two PC, now I had link together to share a file.(did't using any router or hub between this two PC , just using network cable"workgroup"). One PC have dial up modem(call A pc) and another no modem, just only lan(call B pc). Now I want using B PC to connect to internet, it is...

Another network problem [ 2 Answers ]

Guys, I am sure that you have all seen this before but I've tried googling the subject and not found anything that exactly fits. I have a desktop PC running XP wired to a hub using ethernet cable. I have another PC running Vista through which my internet connection runs. Also connected to this...

Sharing problem in network [ 1 Answers ]

One of my system is not able to share . But when I click MY NETWORK PLACES it displays the computer name of that system . When I click it shows me a error message that NETWORK PATH IS NOT FOUND . I went through all trouble corrections frm the scratch. But no use . I even changed my workgroup name....

Problem with network [ 32 Answers ]

Hi I recently brought a wireless network and I am sharing internet via it, but I want to also share files. Can anyone help me because I seem to have file and printer sharing enabled, but how do I actually see the files from the other comptuer on my computer? What exactaly do I have to do any help...

Network problem [ 1 Answers ]

“PLS. HELP” I have a small business, and I run a DOS based program. (POS) on my computer. I added an additional computer so that the user can access customer's invoices, change parts on the invoice and update customer's data. The computer I added has windows98. The new computer cannot seem to...

View more questions Search