Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Sasha2007 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 31, 2007, 02:57 AM
    Portable Jump Starter doesn't charge flat battery?
    Hello,

I have the Yellow Portable Jump Starter with Air Compressor,

The problem is I have charged it fully and it always stays at 13 on the meter
    Which is in the green which is supposed to be good.

When my cars battery goes flat it doesn't charge the battery, doesn't do anything,
    But it does have plenty of power in it so its not as if its flat.

I have a MK4 Fiesta what part of the engine should I connect the Black Negative to,
    I believe it may be due to me not connecting the Black Negative to a good part of the engine.

Will it have enough power at 13 on the meter to charge a flat battery?

Thank You
    kitch428 Posts: 1,440, Reputation: 152
    Ultra Member

Feb 1, 2007, 06:43 PM
    First off, these jump boxes we call them, do not charge batteries. They "assist" the battery being jumped. These jump boxes nowadays have an "on" switch for safety reasons for after you've hooked up and hopefuly in correct polarity. Grounding points are anywhere on the engine with a good solid bite. Idealy where the ground cable connects to.
    If you have to, use the negative post on the battery. Just be careful.
    It's possible that your dead battery is so dead, that this jump box just isn't going to work.
    Have an assistant turn the key while you hold and wiggle the cables if need to. Electrical can be funny like that sometimes.
    I think it's time to get rid of the yellow, and plant down some green on a new battery In my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How long should I charge my new cell phone battery? [ 24 Answers ]

I have had the worst luck with new cell phones. I buy them, let the battery die, and then charge it until it is fully charged. After I do this it seems that the battery is so crappy. I have to constantly charge my new phone and the battery only lasts less then 10 hours. I need help!! If anyone...

2001 Honda Civic - Starter - Can you show me the location of the starter? [ 3 Answers ]

I'm having starting problems with my 2001 Honda Civic EX 4DR. This is the first problem with the car and I can't find the starter. Can you help?

How can I jump higher? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I jump higher? Are high leapers born or made? Is it too late for me to become a pretty good player now that I'm 23? Am I starting training too late?

Higher Vertical Jump [ 1 Answers ]

I need to know how to increse my vertical leap. I'm 13 and I'm only 5'0. I'm pretty good for my height. Well, anyway, I think it would really help out my game if I could grab more boards and play better defense. How can I increase my leap?

Alternator keeps burning up and won't charge battery on 1990 accord [ 2 Answers ]

I have a 1990 honda accord ex 5-speed and my alternator keeps going out when I uuse my lights and I have replaced it 3 times I need to knoe what is causeing it my dash lights start to go dim then its will just run on the battery until it dies what is going on?

View more questions Search