Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    molliebee Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 04:38 AM
    How to hook up 2 phone lines
    Trying to hook up 2 phone lines and all I see is different colored wires coming in from the ceiling
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 22, 2011, 04:50 AM

What color wires do you have?

Jul 22, 2011, 04:57 AM
    There are about 7 different colors; this was previously an office where they had several lines going in and they decided to cut all wires aloose before leaving the premises. We are trying to hook up only 2 phone lines. Owner of building says he is not responsible and phone co. wants $125 per HR. to get the job done. Can I do it myself without a lot of problems? Thanks for any help you can give as my husband will be very happy to get it done at much less expense.
    Dr1757 Posts: 186, Reputation: 25

Jul 22, 2011, 05:42 AM
    As stratmando asked, what color are the wires?

Jul 22, 2011, 06:03 AM
    Will have to ck and get back with you as I'm not in the building at this time and my computer is in my house since we can't get phone service to building yet. Thanks and I will get back with you as soon as I can.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 25, 2011, 05:07 PM
    Yes, it is something you can do with few problems. Get back with those colors and we'll go from there.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2011, 05:36 AM

Likely not 7 wires, usually in pairs,
    White/blue, Blue/white is first pair and connects to red and green for line 1.
    Orange/white, white/orange is second pair and is usually line 2 which connects to yellow and black on jack for line 2.
    hauntinghelper Posts: 2,854, Reputation: 290
    Paranormal and Spiritual Interests

Jul 26, 2011, 02:27 PM
    Yup, that pretty much covers two lines... let us know if this is NOT what you have.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I live in a mobile home.can't hook up my water lines to my shower ,leaking now [ 0 Answers ]

Can't stop water lines from leaking from from taps in stand up shower in mobile home

Phone and Electric lines together ? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello every one , here is what I thinking about doing. I have just added a separate building in my yard about 50 feet away from the main house, 2 bed ,1 bath and a small kitchenette. In the main house I have a 200 amp service, so power for the building is coming from the house via a 2 inch...

2 phone lines [ 8 Answers ]

Hi, We have 2 phone lines in our home. The 2nd one is in our bedroom we are using this as our home phone and entnet, the first one is not in use.(was disconnected when my DH's mom and dad moved out) I want to make the first line part of the 2nd line so we can have phones all over the house...

Hook up for dsl phone jack? [ 4 Answers ]

I ordered high speed internet from AT&T although I do not have AT&T for phone service. The tech installed what he calls a dry loop, and then told me that I have to run a phone jack to that line. The problem is, he worked outside, and I do not know what terminal to hook up the jack to. Any ideas...

How to install washer hook up and drain lines [ 4 Answers ]

How do I hook up my washer backed up to my sink.it is mostly the drain line that concerns me.can the washer drain tye into the sink drain and how

View more questions Search