Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    humiliated Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 22, 2011, 04:35 AM
    Hippa violation?
    I am an employee at a health care facility. I have had treatment at this facility myself. The manager spoke of my health issues and information from my previous treatment in frontt of other employees and patients. Where do I go from here?
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 22, 2011, 05:37 AM
    It's HIPAA, not HIPPA. You might want to read all about it at HHS.gov.

One line from that site says 'The Privacy Rule excludes from protected health information employment records that a covered entity maintains in its capacity as an employer.. '

While embarrassing, it's not illegal for an employer to talk about your medical condition at work. (Your employer might have their own privacy policy, however, and you could talk to personnel.) But an employer is allowed to consider a medical condition relevant to your ability to do your job and it's effect on co-workers or clientele.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hippa Violation Or Privacy Law Violation? [ 16 Answers ]

My ex boyfriend got me pregnant and left me at four months. I have many physical problems and he had his friend who is a pharmicist look up my perscriptions (I live 40 miles away from that store location and have never been there) and then the pharmacisit shared all the information. Can I do...

Hippa violation [ 6 Answers ]

I worked for an ambulance district and the paramedic and myself went to the emergency room so I could get a prescription. I no longer work for them and made a complaint to the EEOC, the paramedic wrote a statement to the EEOC stating, I am taking this prescription and which doctor gave it to me. ...

Is this a Hippa violation? [ 6 Answers ]

I was injured on the job as a police officer. I have had to see the police departments physician several times over the last 2 years. He is now discussing my medical diagnosis with several members of my police department. The last time he examined me he also asked a police command officer to...

Is this a HIPPA violation? [ 5 Answers ]

I was recently hospitalized and disclosed the naturre of the visit to a co-worker in confidence. She then related the info to my boss. The day before I was to report back to work, I received a phone call from the head of HR who told me I had to report myself to the state medical board or else he...

HIPPA Violation [ 4 Answers ]

I recently sent a letter requesting verification of a dental bill that belongs to my ex-husband. This dentist's office is in a very small town which seems insignificant but sort of explains this next part. Upon receiving the letter, the office manager takes my request as a personal attack and...

View more questions Search