Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jperkins81658 Posts: 7, Reputation: 1

Jul 21, 2011, 07:01 PM
    Need to find my Daughter. Help Please!!
    I'm trying to help a friend. He just got out of Prison, been there for a long time. He wants to locate his daughter. His now ex-wife had custody of her when she was just a baby. He knows his daughter's birth name, etc. and ex name. We have searched the net. We found the Gran Parents living In Philly, and he think by the relatives listed, that his daughter is with them. But it's not her birth name. He said that is something they would have done. He said that he and ex was a mixed race marriage, and the parents (Italians) did everything they could to make sure they didn't connect. There he was today, a big man, crying and shaking in my office today, when we found a ray of hope. I'm an Insurance Agent, not Investigator, so I don't do this for a living. He went home and came back some fresh peaches to give to me for helping, he said he didn't have money but had a few peaches. Any help would be great. If anyone messages me I can give more info.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 22, 2011, 02:55 AM
    If he thinks she is living with the grandparents in Philly, what do you need help with online? You think of a way to approach them, watch them, call them, write to them. You don't say where you are or how old the daughter is.
    You also need to be very careful. You don't really know who is who or what is what, do you, other than what you have been told by a total stranger. I too might be touched by tears and fresh peaches but it doesn't mean I would throw myself into an endeavor that might not be what it seems.

Jul 22, 2011, 02:39 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    I just saw some of your post, and thought you could tell us how to go about finding her. I know this man's family, so I'm not stupid, I know that there is some people that is up to evil. His daughter's mother was 17 when she had their daughter. He went to prison, and her mother moved back to Pa. and had the mother's parent had arranged her to marry someone else. Know the daughter is 18 now. As you can see I didn't spread any names around when I ask for help, because I don't really know who is who or what is what, do you? Cause you're a total stranger. Sorry to bother you!!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 22, 2011, 04:39 PM
    All you wrote was a sad story with absolutely nothing to go on, not even how many years ago all this happened, or where, or how well you know the man, or the woman, or the child, or whether you even looked in the phone book for the grandparents - NOTHING. WHAT DID YOU EXPECT?
    You can't talk about peaches and expect help; all you will get is sympathy.
    For this I got a negative? Maybe someone else will weigh in, good luck.

Jul 22, 2011, 05:51 PM
    I think we both was hasty with our comments and I apolgize to you. I didn't reveal details, because I wanted to find someone that seem interested in helping first. That is why I said if anyone can help I would send more detail (privately). He filled out the ISRR paper work today.

Jul 22, 2011, 05:51 PM
    We have checked on people searches, phone directory, etc. We found the grandmother on Facebook. On some other sites we found the grandparent in Philly with a female with them, he said the name is something they would have change her to. He is Black and the mother was Italin, and her parents wouldn't have their daughter with a Black man back them, and he was young and got into trouble and after he was in prison they moved from N.O. to Philly. We did find someone in N.O. that he remember and he called, she called him back, and said she was going to get with her husband and call back with info. He has tried to find a way to keep in touch, but his daughter family didn't want him to. Know that she is 18, he wants her to know her father has never forgot.

Jul 22, 2011, 05:54 PM
    He did call the # we found for her grandparent and a girl answered and said that Henry wasn't there. He knew his ex married name. But we come up with no luck finding her, but like he said there is a lot of Italins in Philly by that name. Once again I'm sorry I acted hasty on rating you.

Jul 22, 2011, 05:59 PM
    I'm new to this site. I was just following the rules for this site. That is why I was general, because the rule say to be.

IMPORTANT Read First Before posting info. Asked by ScottGem On Jan 02, 2010
    This is NOT a site where we find people for you. We do not allow the posting of personal information, Any such information will be removed.

You can ask for general suggestions on how to find people.

Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 22, 2011, 06:48 PM

First sorry you can not contact others privately, you either post the info publicly or not at all.

It is against the rules to do private answers and questions and anyone caught doing that would be warned or even banned.

Next it appears you may have found them, or at least some of the family, so you contact the people you have names for and ask.

But

How long in prison ?

How old is the child ?

Would the child be a adult now ?

What was the custody agreement ?
    Did he have a visit
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 26, 2011, 08:56 AM

We need SOMETHING to ID a person before any of us can use our resources to locate the person.

Name, age, last place the person lived, something.

I'm not saying it's a good idea to post personal info. I AM saying no one can be located without some personal info.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Find my daughter? [ 0 Answers ]

How can I find my daughter I do know she is 24 or 25 and her name is abigail flores and she lives in Texas I do not know what she even looks like please help me find her Thank you ...

Find daughter [ 1 Answers ]

:confused:I want to find my daughter how do I even start? Can some one please help!

Trying To Find Daughter But Do Know Last Name or SS # [ 9 Answers ]

My daughter Stephanie Dawn Campbell called me from a Battered Women's Shelter in 1984 and I've not seen her since. She was born in 1969 in Charlotte, NC and at that time children were not automatically assigned a SS# so she did not have one at the time she left home. She has married since I seen...

View more questions Search