Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Oneill474 Posts: 427, Reputation: 2

Jul 21, 2011, 01:54 PM
    Auto door handle
    The door handle works okay. But one day a spring pop out. This small spring
    Retracts the handle flush with the car. Otherwise the wind, blows the handle out.
    Friends have told me it not worth the trouble to fix. Since the door handle works just fine.
    See picture when it flat and when it pops out why driving. Do you agree it is more work then needed??
    2003 Toyota Echo
    Attached Images

CaptainRich Posts: 4,492, Reputation: 537
    Cars & Trucks Expert

Jul 21, 2011, 04:48 PM

Yes, unfortunately, Toyota's door handles, interior or exterior, leave a lot to be desired.
    The part isn't real expensive (shop around but be wary of "cheap" imitations, read reviews) but access to it is from inside a delicate inner door panel with lotsa parts: more little things to move out of your way equals more little things to potentially break.
    I would be gentle with that door handle but I'd also start looking for someone who can replace it when it finally does poop out.
    odinn7 Posts: 7,691, Reputation: 1547
    Entomology Expert

Jul 21, 2011, 06:40 PM
    Door handles generally aren't that difficult to fix if you know what you're doing... just, as previously stated, difficult to get to. They also aren't real expensive to have someone else do it for you if you aren't comfortable doing it yourself. If you're worried about it, shop around at a few places and get estimates on what they want to charge you to do it for you.

Jul 22, 2011, 07:16 AM
    Comment on CaptainRich's post
    Appreciate it. The door handle works okay. It just does not fully retract because a spring pop out.
    Not worth to play with it. Thanks

Jul 22, 2011, 07:17 AM
    Comment on odinn7's post
    Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Door handle [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to find an old fashioned (I think) kind of door handle that uses a thumb piece on both sides of the door to operate a mortice latch. I remember them on shop doors when I was little (1960's). I have found this description on the web: Thumb Piece In the case of door handles that...

Oven door handle loose [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool self-cleaning stove. The oven door handle is coming loose but I can't find how to tighten it before it falls off. Please help. Thanks,

View more questions Search