Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lbc Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 10:36 PM
    Replace the CD Burner Drive?
    I insert a disk into my d:drive and it can't be detected. Dell Tech. Dept. says I need to replace the drive as the cd burner part went bad?

How do I replace it and how much is it?

Thank you!:)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jan 31, 2007, 08:13 AM
    Replacing the drive means opening your case, sliding out the old drive and putting in a new one. Its not hard and new drives will come with pictoral instructions.

You can get a CD burner for about $30 and a DVD burner for under $100.
    Capuchin Posts: 5,255, Reputation: 656
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2007, 08:21 AM
    I'm pretty sure the DVD burner I got recently was under $50, they're cheap as chips nowadays, don't see a reason to stick with CDs anymore.

Oh it was just the drive though, no fancy manual or anything. (can't remember the word for it now.. )

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Cd drive problems/hard drive [ 4 Answers ]

I'm using windows xp pro I've got a lite-on combo cd drive :E Basically I tried 2 fix my e drive because it wasn't reading cds (on dvds) and I think I put a virus on my computer When I tried 2 restart it came up with something like.. Windows cannot start up properly due to a recent...

Win 2003: Permanent drive letter 4 removable drive [ 2 Answers ]

I have set up a backup system on Windows 2003 Server using 2 hot-swap removable drive drawers with hard drives in them. I have a pair of backup drives for each day of the week, with one drive imaging the OS partition and the other drive imaging the data partition. The system is working beautifully...

USB External Hard Drive (drive connect problem) [ 7 Answers ]

After connecting my external hard drive to a usb port. Assigns to a used drive F. to get to the ext hd I have to disconnect F then I'm able to open the ext hd. How can I get the ext. hd to go to the next available drive letter or can I assign one?

CD Burner help [ 4 Answers ]

Hey, I need some help. I recently got a computer. By recently I mean I got it around sometime toward the end of October. Anyway my problem is that my cd burner has stopped working. Like it plays DVD's and plays audio music it just won't recognize a blank cd and allow me to burn. The most I've used...

Cd burner [ 3 Answers ]

all right I don't know if this is the right section but I just got a cd burner from a friend and I need to hook it up to my computer. Somehow?? Its just the little box where the cd goes.its a BURN- proof 16x10x40x. On the back it has all these little prongy thingys that say: digital audio,analog...

View more questions Search