Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    heaber Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2011, 09:06 PM
    Compressor just clicks & hums
    Air conditioner outside compressor unit clicks and then just hums, but the fan does not turn - any ideas

Check out some similar questions!

Air conditioning compressor fan won't turn on. Compressor hums [ 3 Answers ]

Fan is now turning after I nudged it with a screwdriver. However, air is not cooling.

The compressor fan is not running but the condenser clicks when I turn on the A/C [ 1 Answers ]

The inside system turns on and blows air but it is warm air. I checked some web sites and did some troubleshooting. The condenser fan does not come on but the contactor clicks when I turn the A/C to cool and Auto. What else should I do I checked the contactors and capacitor but they didn't look...

Heat pump outdoor fan runs not compressor voltage at compressor good. New compressor [ 1 Answers ]

Have a new compressor. Just replaced fan runs compressor does not, have voltage at the compressor plug? What could stop from coming on high side and low side equal at 100psig.

The compressor clicks but won't turn on. [ 8 Answers ]

My Bryant a/c is 5 years old. I've had problems in the last year. A few months ago, I was told that oil was seeping back into the compressor and they fixed it. Now 4 months later, the air handler fan is on, but the compressor won't come on. When I turn it off and on again at the breaker I hear it...

Inside unit blower works. Outside fan does not. Compressor clicks once? [ 2 Answers ]

The a/c was working fine last night. This morning, I noticed the fan in the outside unit was not running but the blower on the inside unit was blowing. I turned off the unit at the outside breaker box and turned it back out. When I did, I think it was the compressor I heard click but then nothing....

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.