Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mango99 Posts: 16, Reputation: -2

Jul 20, 2011, 12:51 PM
    Home Hair Bleaching.
    I have a dark brown hair colour. Ive dyed my hair red twice in my life at a hairdresser. It costs be over 250$ done each time. The hairdresser strips my hair from colour by bleaching it, and then dyes my hair red afterwards.

I want to try and do this myself at home. I am aware of the risks.

To bleach my hair, what would I need to buy and do to MAKE the bleach?

Or as an alternative, if I was to buy a home dye kid for the colour blonde - would it make my hair orange? And if it made it orange, would I be putting my hair at serious risk if I dyed it bright red afterwards?

At the end of the day, I do believe I'll just cop out the money for it, but I would like to know how the professionals do it themselves.

I know at the saloon my hairdresser mixes things around. Id like to know what the ingredients are :)

I wouldn't mind doing a hairdressing course myself :)
    yveted Posts: 37, Reputation: 0
    -

Aug 2, 2011, 01:54 AM
    First, your natural hair color is removed through the process of bleaching as described above. Then the hair dye is put on your hair where it chemically reacts to permanently change the color

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Bleaching your hair [ 5 Answers ]

Mmk. I was wondering....I really don't have the money to buy a bleaching kit. And I was wondering how you could go about dying your hair with regular home bleach like you clean with. I just tried to dye my hair with regular bonde and it didnt work. My hair is black...I recently dyed it that color....

How to lighten hair after bleaching and colouring over the hair [ 1 Answers ]

Yesterday morning I went to the hairdressers and had my full hair bleached in an attempt to go platinum. Unfortunately the hair was so many different shades that when I left the salon the roots at the centre top of my hair were yellow and orange. Straight away my hair began to fall out and my scalp...

Bleaching my hair once. [ 1 Answers ]

So, I only bleached my hair once But i dyed the ends of my hair black . My hair is still that awful orange color & i was wondering if i dye it dark blonde will it all turn out the same color and will it look right? I really need help because i don't wanna buy the wrong dye. Please help! <3

Bleaching long hair [ 2 Answers ]

My hair is below my shoulders and is a light brown color. I would like to bleach it blonde. Can someone tell me how. PLease!

View more questions Search