Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    starfiregreen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 08:46 PM
    Wack blood sugar level
    Dear Sir,
    I am Type 2 Diadetes. My Fasting blood Sugar is 6.5 to 8.00 on North American scale.
    However The problem is If consume anything Sweet like Cake or Chocalate in Night. My Fasting is Normal ( Under 6.5). But if I rigrously follow my meal plan it shoots up to 9 or 10

My docter says because my sugar goes low during night time it compensates by converting from my fat?? Does not sound logical to me.
    Help...
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 09:00 PM
    Yes, this is very logical, however, only to the trained eye. I just finished with my Diabetic lecture yesterday, with more to come tomorrow, so I will try to help. Just bear with me, okay?

Glucose is a naturally occurring chemical in our bodies, produced by the pancreas. With Type 2 Diabetes we produce insulin, it may be little or it may be unaffective, so we may need a little bump one in a while. That "bump" could be diet or exercise or maybe even insulin.

Glucose flows freely through the bloodstream, look at it like a passanger in a vehicle. That passenger, glucose, is a necessary component of cell hydration. Now, we ask, how does the glucose get from the bloodstream to the celss to prevent cell dehydration? The vehicle that transports the glucose from the bloodstream is insulin.

Most people lower their "sugar" while sleeping, this is relatively normal. When your body does not have enough "sugar" in their bodies the body takes fat and converts it into a sugar that is a usable form of transportation to remove the "sugar" or glucose from the bloodstream into the cells to pervent cellular dehydration.

It is extremely important that you follow the diet given to you for your particular circumstance. Exercise regularly... check your sugar levels at frequent intervals before meals, exercise and bedtime.

If your sugar shoots up I wonder if you have a regular exercise program.

The compensation your doctor talks about is called metabolic acidosis or metabolic alkalosis. It may benefit you to see a nutritionist to better help your situation.
    obaydullah Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Nov 23, 2011, 02:39 AM
    I am a male aged 56 from Dhaka, Bangladesh. I have hypertension slightly more or less 130/85 for about 8 years. I take medication (Amlodipine 5mg and Atenolol BP 50mg) for this. However, my current s creatinine level is 1.48 and s urea is 25 but there is no symptom of any kidney problem. I should be grateful if you would please let me know what I should do to lower my creatinine. Many thanks. M.A. Obaydullah (PhD)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar"? [ 3 Answers ]

:confused: Please, who's the artist who remade the Archies song "Sugar Sugar" with changed lyrics.. "Honey, I gotta lotta money.."?

Weird Blood Sugar Levels [ 13 Answers ]

I was diagnosed pre-diabetic last year. My 2 hour GTT was 187 mg. I was not told what to do, so when I had symptoms of hypoglycemia, I ate sugar. My symptoms are Shakiness, Lighted head, Sweaty, Irritable, Vision blurry and darker, Hearing decrease, Nervousness, Confusion. Eating lots of sugar...

Sugar [ 1 Answers ]

How many grams of sugar should a healthy adult have in 1 day?

How many grams of sugar [ 4 Answers ]

How many grams sugar should a healthy adult have a day?

The blood shed & the blood sprinkled! [ 4 Answers ]

THE BLOOD SHED & THE BLOOD SPRINKLED In the Old Testament and the New Testament sacrificial "Blood" is spoken of in two ways;i.e. "The Blood shed and the Blood sprinkled." IN THE OLD TESTAMENT WHAT WAS THE APPLICATION OF "SHED BLOOD" RE "ATONEMENT" (the 'moment the Blood became...

View more questions Search