Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    aimlen Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 02:56 PM
    Sealing outdoor cement patio with a wood sealer?
    We have stamped colored cement patio that has been sealed with a comercial clear coat. I was oiling my outdoor teak table with a generic wood oil and I spilled some on the patio. I noticed how it made the ugly white hard water spot on the colored cement just disappear. It made the cement return to its shiny wet look again. Can furniture wood oil be used in colored concrete to bring back its wet look?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 03:31 PM

It looks wet because it is oily and slick, not a good idea for cement. Most sealers used on stamped cement should be reapplied every 3-4 years. You can buy a good cement sealer at most box stores but stop thinking wood oil. ‪Stamped Concrete Videos Decorative Concrete Video‬‏ - YouTube

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Food safe wood sealer [ 3 Answers ]

Wooden bowl--I want to seal it to make it food safe to use as a serving bowl for salad and other foods. I have a pretty antique wooden bowl. It has a mahogany stain on it. Do you know any type of sealer I can put on top of it to make the bowl food safe? I'd like to be able to use it as a salad...

Sealing cement based grout [ 2 Answers ]

The tile installer used Tec Sanded Grout--Polymer enhanced prtland cement grout. He said the sealer is already in it so no need to seal the grout after. Is this correct. It is in the shower on the floor and walls

Sealing Fiberglass Asphalt roof with driveway sealer [ 0 Answers ]

A neighbor has indicated he is doing this on his shingle roof. It is not flat nor is it a tar paper roof. I presume this means spreading the sealant on the shingles, not just in seams/flashing etc. Black roof and black sealant. Are there any downsides to doing this? Is this a way to postphone a...

How to remove driveway sealer from cement walkway [ 2 Answers ]

The previous owner of my house was sloppy and got a fair amount of driveway sealer on the cement walkways. It looks like he gave up and dried to cover them 100% in some areas. I'd really like to clean up the walkways by removing the sealer and resurfacing them or painting them with cement paint. ...

Cement Patio and Wood Stair Rail? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, The metal stair rails on our concrete front porch recently broke and we had to remove them. I would very much prefer to replace them with wood rails, which I think are far more attractive. However, looking around the neighborhood, I only see wood rails with wood patios and decks, and...

View more questions Search