Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Salem23 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 19, 2011, 02:20 PM
    How to clean carburetor on featherlite xt260 weedeater?
    My featherlite weedeater won't start when I put a little mixture in carburetor it starts but then it dies. Don't know why, could someone help?
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 03:36 PM

Those 2 stroke weedeater are notorious for getting clogged carbs. I blame it on most folks not using the correct oil in the mix and the 10% alcohol gas we are getting. Dump your gas and make a new mix with a extra heavy dose of SeaFoam or other carb cleaner. Pump your primer button 10x and try to start. If you have to spray starter fluid in the air intake do so and keep giving it a tiny spritz to keep it running. If you can get it to run full throttle this will dissolve some of the junk. Rebuilding the carb frequently results in failure unless you have done small carbs before. Taking it to a shop will run you $80-110, close to the cost of just buying a new one.
    raisingale Posts: 71, Reputation: 20

Jul 20, 2011, 05:24 AM

Another common problem is the fuel line in the tank itself degrading. Does the primer bulb fill when you pump it? If not, it's probably a cracked fuel line in the tank. This is a pretty easy and inexpensive repair.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weedeater FeatherLite XT260 16" 25cc [ 5 Answers ]

I'm trying to replace the pull cord and instructions aren't included in the manual. I've got everything back in place but can't get it to wind... or rather when I wind it manually am unable to put the weedeater back together without it unwinding. Should I be winding it manually left or right?...

Weedeater featherlite xt260 [ 1 Answers ]

We are having trouble reloading the string in the weedeater. The string doesn't feed through when its tapped on the ground.

FeatherLite XT260 [ 4 Answers ]

My weedeater starts fine, but the minute I touch a weed it dies! Like there's not enough RPM's ? Is there a way I can REV it up some?

XT260 Weedeater Featherlite Brand Repair [ 1 Answers ]

My Weedeater was making a heavy clunking sound and then froze up right after I sprayed some starter fluid into the air intake. I don't know if I should have tried the starting fluid on a 2 cycle engine. I took the engine housing apart after I got the engine unfroze and found a screw driven through...

Weedeater (featherlite xt260) losing power [ 1 Answers ]

I have a featherlite xt260 weedeater that looses power after running a short period. Starting is not a problem and RPM's seem good at initial start up. The problem is that it begins to loose RPM's shortly after I begin trimming grass and will eventually die. I've cleaned the air filter. I have...

View more questions Search