Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    blackrose106 Posts: 4, Reputation: -1

Jul 19, 2011, 02:02 PM
    Is my guinea pig pregnant help
    Help I think my guinea pig is pregnant with a rabbit baby and no one can say that can not happen but my guinea pig was not pregnant when I had her and I only have one male rabbit and I've seen people who have had this happen with guinea pig or rabbit and had pics that was proof that it can happen please tell me if my guinea pig could be
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 02:36 PM

No, they can't. They aren't the same species - if you are talking about mating and pregnancy.

I would like to know who the people are who have photos of the mixed "babies."

Sounds like a very old wives tale.

Jul 19, 2011, 02:57 PM
    If you go onto the internet and guinea pig rabbit baby it should show the person I did not believe this could happen but then I did because once I saw that picture I new it was real they had rabbit noses and guinea pig I have never in my lofe saw it before and no they were not fake

Jul 19, 2011, 03:01 PM
    Comment on blackrose106's post
    Sorry in my whole life

Jul 19, 2011, 03:09 PM
    Comment on blackrose106's post
    Okay the name Yes Is emba23
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 03:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by blackrose106 View Post
    if you go onto the internet and guinea pig rabbit baby it should show the person i did not belive this could hapen but then i did because once i saw that picture i new it was real they had rabbit noses and guinea pig i have never in my lofe saw it before and no they were not fake
    Ah, the internet. Goodness knows that the internet is always reliable, especially if they have easily tampered with, Photoshopped pictures. :rolleyes:

Rabbits and guinea pigs aren't the same species. A guinea rabbit baby is about as likely as a horse dog baby.

I've had rabbits all my life, and had guinea pigs from the time I was a baby, until I was a teen.

We always housed them together, we never spayed or neutered (because at that time we didn't know they could be), and we never had guinea bunnies.

This isn't possible.

So, has your guinea pig been around another guinea pig? Ever? If your guinea pig is pregnant, it's from another guinea pig, so, if she's only had contact with a rabbit, it's not likely.
    Pets Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 04:10 PM

okay u people have pissed me off you are giving out wrong imformation so all these poor people have had this happen but you stuck up jercks don't know when to quit
    Pissed you off because you believe what you see on the internet? Do you want me to make a picture of a horse and dog cross for you? It should take around 5 minutes, and be totally believable.

I'm sorry that you don't believe us. I didn't get my title as pet expert because I know how to Google. I actually know about animals, and rabbits and guinea pigs just happen to be my specialty.

So, it's up to you. You can believe the info you find on the internet (around 1% of that is reliable), or you can believe the facts from someone that actually has experience.

I wasn't mean, and I wasn't condescending, but now you're pissing me off, because your info (which you got from pictures on the internet), is not even slightly accurate.
    Pets Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 04:31 PM

I'm thirteen I know a lot about animals and I live in Colorado my name is abbey I have a guinea pig
    I think your bio says it all.

You're 13. I'm 40. I've had a lot more life experience then you, and obviously a lot more education, especially about animals.

You may have a guinea pig, but you don't understand biology.

Different species don't mix, which is why you don't see dog cats running around, or hamster birds, or horse dogs.

You can't mix different species, and guinea pigs and rabbits are different species.

Just because someone has a picture, that doesn't make it real. It's a tough lesson to learn. Let me prove my point.

Attachment 36795

Here's the infamous "Jackaloupe", a cross between a jack rabbit and an antelope. It's on the internet. There are pictures galore. It must be real. Right? Nope! Not possible. Welcome to biology, and the internet.

Don't believe everything you read just because they have pictures. Pictures are the easiest thing to fake. Real experience, education, and knowledge. You can't fake those.
    Pets Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 04:38 PM

Thread closed.

blackrose106 does not find this helpful : because she dose not know what she is saying
    Read the rules of this site, and while you're at it, learn to write! My post was dead on accurate. You don't have to like it, or accept it, that doesn't make it any less true.

Unhelpful ratings are for factually incorrect info only. Seems you don't want to obey the rules of this site, or nature! :(

I suggest that you get an education, learn how biology works, how animals mate, and then come back. Until then, you don't have the knowledge to judge my post.

Closed!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

New Guinea Pig [ 9 Answers ]

Hey everyone. So aylas special buy from our tax return was a pet guinea pig. She wanted a kitten but we can't have pets except caged animals, and I didn't want a bunny so she picked a guinea pig. We got him on Friday, he is healthy and clean. But he is still simply hiding under his...

Guinea Pig [ 5 Answers ]

My guinea pig is always pooing( seriously) if I want to hold him I have to have a paper towel on my lap. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is it OK to have a guinea pig when you are pregnant? [ 3 Answers ]

Hello, I am pregnant and my 5 year old has a guinea pig. I have heard that it is not good to have a guinea pig when you are pregnant. If you could help me out that would be great. I don't want to tell my 5 year old that she has to get rid of our pet. Thanks

Can I Keep a pregnant rabbit in with a male guinea pig [ 2 Answers ]

Hello can anyone help me my rabbit is pregnant and she normally lives with a male Guinea pig can I leave him in with her or will I have to separate them before she has her babies not sure what to do hope some one can help

View more questions Search