Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 05:38 AM
    True believers vs governors
    Hello:

I'm a TRUE BELIEVER.. I KNOW my solutions are right, and the other guys are wrong.. I've argued my positions here for years... Unfortunately, it hasn't convinced the other side. I don't know why. Don't they see the logic of my claims??

No, they don't, because they're true believers too. So, Steve, Tom, Smoothy and dad probably aren't going to be able to reach consensus with NK, WG, Tal or myself... But, WE don't have to govern, and governing requires negotiation and compromise...

Therein lies the problem, because true believers won't compromise. Anything LESS than THEIR solution simply won't work. Therefore, to them, compromise is failure, and they'll NEVER do it... In the process, governing doesn't get done.

So. Should we, or should we NOT, send true believers to congress?

excon
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 19, 2011, 05:41 AM
    It really doesn't matter what any of us think. The candidates will say whatever they think a majority in their party wants to hear, then they get elected, then they vote for whatever corporation has paid them the most money. It's really quite simple.
    paraclete Posts: 2,706, Reputation: 173
    Ultra Member

Jul 19, 2011, 05:54 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon View Post

So. Should we, or should we NOT, send true believers to congress?

excon
    I think you know heanswer to that Ex but unfortunately only true believers are stupid enough to become politicians, then when they get elected reality kicks in and they spend the next twenty years swimming against the tide of swerage.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

For believers only [ 98 Answers ]

OK, one of my major battles is finding time, place and way for prayer. I have tried early morning (always hit snooze); evening (distracted by whatever); and in the car (thoughts wander off to distant places). Here's the Q. How do you incorporate daily prayer and devotion into your life? How do you...

Texas believers [ 7 Answers ]

Are there any people who live in Texas here?

Female governors [ 7 Answers ]

What states have had female governors ?

View more questions Search