ashley132 Posts: 34, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2007, 07:20 PM
    Smoking and my brother
    How do I get my brother to stop smoking?:(
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 07:23 PM
    Tie him up and lock him in a room.

You can not "make" anyone else stop smoking. It is a choice they have to decide to do thierself

Jan 30, 2007, 07:24 PM
    There has to be a way, can you tell them something
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 09:06 PM
    Nope, sorry. Nicotine is an addictive drug. There is nothing you can do to make them stop if they are not ready willing or able.

Jan 30, 2007, 10:22 PM
    He is going to collage in CO and I know he is smoking but how do I know if he is like doing coke or something like that, I don't want it to kill my brother
    ATYOURSERVICE Posts: 246, Reputation: 13

Jan 31, 2007, 12:49 AM
    He is a big boy, you can not make him stop. You can though refuse to kiss him or hug him and tell him he smells. Education is always the best approach. Get his pamphlettes about smoking and cancer or help groups. Good luck to you and him.
    JoeCanada76 Posts: 6,669, Reputation: 1707
    Uber Member

Jan 31, 2007, 01:18 AM
    I think that your thinking way too much. Worry about yourself. Take care of yourself, make the right decisions for your life.
    valinors_sorrow Posts: 2,927, Reputation: 653
    I regard all beings mostly by their consciousness and little else

Jan 31, 2007, 04:40 AM
    Its good that you care about your brother Ashley. Tell him how much his smoking concerns you. But that is as far as it needs to go, okay? He has his life and you have yours and that is to be respected too. As for college and coke, your thoughts make me think of an old fashioned saying -- don't borrow trouble or surely it will find you. If you have no evidence of his using drugs then please assume he isn't until you see evidence. Negative fantasy-based worry is not a good habit to get into here. Maybe his leaving is making you feel a bit anxious? I want to gently assure you that it's a normal part of life that kids grow wings and leave the nest, sweetie. You will too one day.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Am I related to my brother-in-laws brother? [ 12 Answers ]

It's been this huge discussion lately with many many MANY different answers, and I would like to know, If my sister marries a man, am I related to him AND his siblings? I have no idea...

Quitting smoking [ 11 Answers ]

Time to share all of your tips and techniques. I am a 19 year addict and my husband is a 10 year addict. We both are quitting together, cold turkey. Any suggestions?? Hypatia:confused:

I need your help with smoking [ 1646 Answers ]

Well I haven't had a cigi since 8am this morning it was the last one now I've tried on numerous occasions to quit smoking and I'm just not flipping strong enough to do it I always cave in. Now I know there's no easy way to do this and I have to admit boy am I feeling dizzy and funny but I can't...

Smoking [ 21 Answers ]

Is smoking dope every day bad for you? More bad than smoking cigarettes?

View more questions Search