Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Fashion Geek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 07:53 PM
    Fashion Fail
    Im going to be in a fashion show for a store down the block of my house. Its called pypers pretties, and theirs one problem... I've never ben in a fashion show... Its for all ages, and I'm 12. But I almost got a foot modeling job... Is that a good thing? Well I was woundering what the top rules for being a good model so I can win! Help!!
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 17, 2011, 08:18 PM
    You need confidence and a positive, sparkling attitude when you are modeling at 12.
    Forget those older models who look so serious and blasé and cosmopolitan.
    Back straight, head up, look at each judge, smile (but not every second with a big fake grin), keep it natural, just look really glad to be there. Sip a little water so your mouth isn't dry if you are nervous.
    Practice at home in front of a full length mirror and family, putting one foot confidently directly in front of the other but not as though you have to pee, you know - once again, keep it natural.
    Practice where your hands will be. At your sides, loosely, raise one to your waist and then to your lapel when you turn or have to take off a jacket or sweater, decide whether a casual item goes over your shoulder or a more dressy one is draped over your arm. If nothing to remove, just let them hang and don't be self conscious about them!
    Turn your head a little like a ballet dancer does when turning, but again, without overdoing it.
    Fashion Geek Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 17, 2011, 08:24 PM
    Comment on joypulv's post
    Thanks, but when would I smile, and would a little turn at the end get their attintion in a good way?
    Helpmedancer Posts: 10, Reputation: 1

Jul 26, 2011, 07:26 PM
    Always have a bubbly personality people love kids who are down to earth and real. When I mean real I mean that your whole personality shouldn't be fake... Just be yourself and DON'T be embarrassed the more confidence you have, there's a better chance of winning. Good luck
    RickyRice Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Feb 11, 2012, 05:32 PM
    Walk confidently and don't smile too much, because it is not a pageant. No one wants to see some weird person walking down a runway smiling like a retard... but when you are at the end of the catwalk, pose with a high hip. But then you can also search up kate moss or naomi campell videos for inspiration. Just my opinion.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Marketing fail [ 9 Answers ]

http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/hheath541/randomness/fails/epic-fail-age-impossible-fail.jpg http://i122.photobucket.com/albums/o252/hheath541/randomness/fails/epic-fail-amish-dating-fail.jpg ...

Fail code F 11 [ 1 Answers ]

Ive got a kenmore gas wall oven it has an f 11 that won't go away sears won't help without a work order and I don't feel like paying lots of money to find out I bought a piece of junk.

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising? [ 2 Answers ]

What's the difference between fashion designing and fashion merchandising?

View more questions Search