Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 19, 2011, 08:31 AM

Never thought of that, geez it's 6:41 a.m.--can't wait to call my agent.

Please keep us informed as to how this plays out.

I'm curious because I worked for State Farm years ago, was the secretary for five adjusters who handled bodily-injury claims. We saw everything under the sun -- a favorite ploy was drivers who didn't have insurance or very good insurance deliberately getting into two-car accidents with the hope their car would be damaged enough to be considered as totaled and the insurance companies would pay them enough to buy a better one. One of our insureds walked out of his house one morning to see a stranger crawl out from beneath his car. The stranger "groggily" claimed he had been hit and dragged and had been unconscious under the car all night. State Farm denied his medical claims.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this extortion [ 21 Answers ]

My colleague, excon, and I are on opposite sides of the fence on this one. Briefly, OP and girlfriend were "caught" shoplifting in Canada (whether or not it was a mistake is rather irrelevant to this question) by store security, not arrested. OP's girlfriend has now received a letter from a...

Shopping cart hit someone's car [ 17 Answers ]

My Mother returned an empty shopping cart to the store front, and the cart started rolling because of high winds and hit someone's car door. Now she wants me or my Mom to pay for it. I didn't see this whole thing because I was already in my car. My Mother doesn't speak much English, and she...

Extortion or not [ 3 Answers ]

Hello experts: If you shoplift and get caught, but the store tells you that if you pay a HUGE fine, they won't turn you in to the cops, is this extortion?? excon

Scratching someone's car [ 6 Answers ]

Recently, friend of mine bought an almost new Land Rover SUV. It looked great, we were all very happy with him, only to find a HUGE nasty scratch along the entire car the next morning. Nothing you can do, frustration overwhelms you, etc. etc. Why would someone do it, what is the motivation? Who is...

Was it Extortion? [ 2 Answers ]

My brother Ricki, saw a city situation on the door of a rented out trail that my mom owned and he peeked inside and saw the place in disarray. It broke through the door and took my son's guitars, amps, radios, VCR and Game boy and lots of other stuff and called me to tell me what my son had done...

View more questions Search