Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pokiii Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 16, 2011, 04:25 AM
    Her Ex's have good looks than me and begins to insult me.
    Me and my boyfriend have been together for 10 months. It totally hurt my feelings every time he compares me with his ex's.. like, they're pretty and worst.. they're white skinned. My boyfriend is the frank type. He tells me anything without hesitation. He always tells me that white skinned girls are more hot. I get hurt because I know I'm brown skinned.. Even it hurts, I still except the fact because I know it's true and I really love him that much. What do you think is the best thing to do?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 04:34 AM

Tell him to keep his mouth shut next time. Or I should say, when he starts to make a comment as you pointed out, just tell him you don't want to hear it again; tell him if he can't respect the colour of your skin, the way you act and look, then hit the road jack.

He is the 'frank type' you say; no, he is the rude type and insulting you without even thinking about what he is saying or how he is making you feel. I don't know how you have spent l0 months with a man like that. I wouldn't spend l hour with a man like that.

Tick
    BK201 Posts: 338, Reputation: 150

Jul 16, 2011, 04:40 AM

Then he should have gone to a girl with white skin. And how can you accept its true? It is not!
    Anyway, to handle the situation, tell him that you won't be listening to such talks for a long time because it hurts you and irritates you. Tell him that there are better men out there, far better than him but you have never compared him with them because you love him as he is and you expect him to do the same. Otherwise, this won't do.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2011, 05:04 AM

Time to show him the door-emotional abuse is not acceptable.
    mj808 Posts: 23, Reputation: 19

Jul 16, 2011, 06:47 AM
    Wow, that is not OK at all. First, your boyfriend sounds judgmental, rude, and obviously doesn't think before he says things. That's not being "frank" that's being a complete jerk (to put it lightly). Why on earth does he feel the need to put you down? Why does he feel the need to compare you to other girls?
    That is not love and you deserve better.

Second, yes white girls are beautiful,just like brown girls, just like black girls, just like Asians girls, just like Latinas, and mixed and any other type I may have left out. Here's something to consider: There are a lot of guys of all races and creeds who will find your type attractive. Trust me on this one. I've dated in and outside my race and all of the guys I've been with think my skin is beautiful and exotic. Love yourself and don't settle for ignorance.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 01:44 PM

Stop taking his CRAP!! Tell him to go get what he wants and leave you alone!

You better stand up for yourself, and love yourself, or get more of his rude disrespectful behavior.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

And the fear campaign begins [ 17 Answers ]

I was wondering how long it would take for the climate change apologists to crawl out of their hole and use the Yasi cyclone and other weather events to tell how we must take urgent action to stop the unstoppable Cyclone Yasi | Future cyclones could be more extreme: Garnaut Last month we had...

Does my landlord have a right to insult and be rude to a tenent? [ 2 Answers ]

My landlord is incredibly rude when she explains things to me. For example, I had garage sale stuff on my porch, and she gave me a warning to clean it up. I did. Months later, another tenent left trash and clothing all over the yard and parking area, she said we were "all pigs trying to make the...

And so the fun begins [ 30 Answers ]

Well its winter(not officially of course, but there is snow on the ground and that counts for something) and since my dog is a husky well you just know he'll want to be outside a lot not to mention how we are going to start skijoring soon. My question is I bought booties for him to protect the pads...

View more questions Search