Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    victor.wright Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 11:17 PM
    How do I fix LAN visibility problem?
    I am connected to LAN from my Laptop (Win7-64bit) via wifi.
    Problem 1:
    All networking functions OK via IP address but I cannot view the LAN (but sometimes the other computers appear) or connect via computer name (i.e: \\SERVER1 gives a timeout error, but \\192.168.102.55 connects directly)
    Problem 2:
    Another PC connected via wifi to the same LAN with static IP - I cannot connect to it at all, even via IP address...

Any help or point me in the correct direction?

Thanks,

-victor

Check out some similar questions!

Cursor visibility [ 4 Answers ]

Xppro sp2; want to be able to see the cursor blinking in my text... my window background color is gray, but how can I see the black cursor? Right now it's invisible, unless it's over text, then I can see it blinking in the black text. I can see the mouse pointer though. Thank you for your help.

Facebook Visibility [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, my partner has a propblem with Facebook. Despite all the sicurity settings properly set for full visibility, it's still impossible to find her through "find friends". Any clue how to solve the problem? Roberto

LAN disonnection problem [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I use my onboard LAN connection to connect to my adsl router, and it constantly pops up with a tooltip from the LAN connection icon in the taskbar saying that the cable has been disconncted. This only lasts at most about a second, then it shows the tooltip saying LAN connected. This only...

LAN problem [ 6 Answers ]

Hi, I bought a D-link 8 port router when I got my cable internet connection. I have my own built computer that has a cheap R-45 port NIC for mine and the one upstairs. My computer that I am on right now connected to the router which is connected to my cable modem and here I am, online. I have RJ-45...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.