Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    samanthawolf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 04:13 PM
    How do you tell your dad that your emo and that you want snake bites?
    How do you tell your dad that your emo and that you want snakebites?
    smoothy Posts: 25,492, Reputation: 2853
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 04:20 PM

Where do you live... most states in the USA require you to be 18 to get a tattoo legally and at that point you are an adult and don't have to ask anyone.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2011, 04:33 PM

First, you have to learn correct grammar and the difference between "your" and "you're":

How do you tell your dad that you're emo and that you want snakebites?

Then, you have to be old enough.

Next, why on earth would you be afraid to ask your dad?
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 15, 2011, 07:55 PM
    I so hate that "Emo" has developed into a "style". It used to be a genre of music (which has developed a diluted meaning, just as punk has).

Here's how you tell your father:

"Dad I want snakebites."

"Why do you want to get bitten by a snake, what is wrong with you?"

[explain what snakebites are, possibly giving him a printed article from Wikipedia]

Wait for his answer. Easy. Just be open with your father. We don't know your father personally, so that is the best advise we can give.
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 15, 2011, 09:14 PM

How old are you?

How long have you been considering this? Body modification, of any kind, shouldn't be a snap decision.

Will it impact you potentially getting, or keeping, a job?
    ramona_ Posts: 222, Reputation: 47

Jul 17, 2011, 05:17 PM
    Totally agree with FadedMaster, I can not stand that emo" is something that was music and developed into some "style".

You don't have to be "emo" to get snakebites, anyone can get them.

Why don't you just ask your father and if you were what stereotypically is an "emo" I think he'd of guessed by now and you wouldn't have to tell him.

Also, why is it you're just going along with a fashion? Getting snakebites amongst all the other "emos" just makes you part of a crowd.. Are you only getting them so you can impress fellow peers and be accepted by these peers?

Trust me when I say that this is just a phase, sooner or later you'll look back and think "what was I thinking? " As I'm guessing you're not 18, why don't you just wait to get the piercings... or are you afraid that your friends won't accept you just because you don't have two holes in your lip - if they end up like that then trust me, they're not good friends at all.
    FadedMaster Posts: 1,510, Reputation: 148
    Ultra Member

Jul 17, 2011, 08:30 PM
    Comment on ramona_'s post
    It happens all too often. And now people think bands like Own City is emo, and have no idea who Jawbreaker or Dillinger Four. Haha.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 17, 2011, 08:48 PM

This phase will likely pass, and then you'll end up a 40 year old with snake bites. That's why laws are put into place to protect young people from making decisions that will effect the rest of their lives.

I don't know your dad, but I am a mom, and my answer would be no. When you're 18 you can do what you want, but as long as I'm in control, the answer is no, because I've been there and I know you'll end up regretting it. That's what I'd tell my kids.

I too have to wonder why you want them? Is it because you think all "Emo's" should have them, and you want to fit in with all the other "Emo's", or do you really want them just because you like them?

Also, how old are you?
    hheath541 Posts: 2,762, Reputation: 584
    Experts

Jul 18, 2011, 05:22 PM

I just have one more question, to clarify something.

The snakebites you're talking about is the pair of piercings on the corners of the bottom lip, right?
    samanthawolf Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Sep 8, 2011, 02:28 PM
    I want them because I love them and how they look I'm not trying to be in the in crowd and yes I am talking about the pair of piercings on the corners of my lip and I've been thinking about this for a long time and about my dad he's strict and I have to act like I'm prepy when I'm around him...
    slapshot_oi Posts: 1,537, Reputation: 589
    Ultra Member

Sep 8, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Sounds like pops ain't going to let it happen.

Unfortunately, you'll have to wait until your 18. For now, you will have to assimilate with the herd and live the conformist life.
    phillysteakandcheese Posts: 973, Reputation: 356

Sep 8, 2011, 02:58 PM
    You will need to sit down and clamly ask your Dad how he would feel about you getting these piercings. Living in his house and being under 18, you will have to be respectful of his opinion. If he says “no” (which I would expect he would), you must be mature enough to accept that.

I personally think getting these piercings would be a bad idea... but once you are 18 and out living in your own, you can do whatever you wish with your body.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Snake bites on girls ? [ 23 Answers ]

Heey! I was thinkin' about it and I finally did my decision on getting some snake bites next month... But the only thing that I'm not quite 100% sure on it is if it would fit me kwell... On your opinion, should I get some or not ?

Do emo girls like emo guys? [ 32 Answers ]

I absolutely adore emo girls. I'm 17yo and don't look all that emo, but I am. Do I have to dress emo to get them to like me?

Septum or snake bites? [ 4 Answers ]

I have my tongue pierced and it didn't hurt at all I wouldn't even give it a 1 out of 20+ I would like to get a septum or snake bites. What is the level of pain usually experienced of a septum and lip piercings and which of them looks better? Im worried about the noticeable scar lip piercings...

Does emo guys like non-emo girls? [ 4 Answers ]

Guys, does emo boys ever like non-emo girls. I'm not emo, but I every guy that I like has been emo. Do they like non-emo girls?

View more questions Search