Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    kenpobassgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 15, 2011, 09:29 AM
    In the state of Indiana, Can you become a nurse with a Domestic Battery Charge?
    I am not yet convicted with Domestic Battery, but I was wrongfully accused of it, I really want to know if I can still get an RN license with the Domestic Battery charge on my record and get hired? This really sucks! :(
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2011, 09:58 AM
    You may get a license with no conviction, but you may or may not be hired in Indiana, depending on how much the employer checks backgrounds and how desperate they are.
    loritrow Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 31, 2011, 10:08 AM

I am a nurse and just had the same thing happen to me. I cannot give you an outcome, but the nursing board in Indiana is STRICT. I am told that there is a court program where you attend classes and the charge will be erased in a year (Class A misdemeanor); I cannot prove that it was self defense, no one else was there.

I feel like my life and career is ruined; I am not working at the moment and now I fear it will be impossible to get a job. I wish you the best, and though I know this is to protect the patients I want to know who is there to protect me? I called 911 for help and ended up being arrested. I pray for the best outcome. Its just not worth being a nurse, to go to school and lose your livelihood over something you had no control over.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can I still become a nurse after a domestic violence charge [ 19 Answers ]

Will a domestic violence charge stop me from becoming a nurse even if the charges were dismissed. The charges are assult on a female and assult with a deadly weapon. The nursing board will give me a lincences without a probleam, but I have been told that I want be able to get a job. I just really...

Domestic violence charge while on parole. [ 2 Answers ]

I am a domestic violence victim. My ex boy friend who just got out of prison after doing ten years for manslaughter. Obstructed my air way when i was 14 wks pregnant with his child. While my 2 children were there. He is now on the run. How much time is he looking at

In the state of Ohio can I get back as a nurse aid with a felony charge can I get a s [ 1 Answers ]

Can I get a surity bond to continue as a nurses aid after having a felony charge in the state of Ohio

Domestic Violence Charge [ 2 Answers ]

I'm looking for several opinions: I am charged with domestic violence battery Misdemeanor 1st and felony 3rd degree false Imprisonment with my wife as victim. She has Already signed a declination of prosecution Because she understands my illness (alcoholism). I currently taking 7...

View more questions Search