Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pugdogs Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 30, 2007, 03:21 PM
    TV Picture Tube
    Hello:

We have a Sony Trinitron, <the big clunker> 32 inch. Recently, the picture goes black, sound is still perfect & if you shut the TV off & back on, the picture comes back <not all that fast but eventually>. We seem to think it's about 10 yr.'s old.

Does anyone have a clue??

Thank you... jeff
    Fianchetto Posts: 70, Reputation: 2

Jan 30, 2007, 11:15 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pugdogs
    Hello:

We have a Sony Trinitron, <the big clunker> 32 inch. Recently, the picture goes black, sound is still perfect & if you shut the TV off & back on, the picture comes back <not all that fast but eventually>. We seem to think it's about 10 yr.'s old.

Does anyone have a clue???

Thank you....jeff
    Option A: Pay a service tech ~$300 to troublshoot and repair the systems from the horizontal output to the flyback transformer and it's output to the second anode of your picture tube (more than the TV is worth)

Option B: Get a new 32" for about $300

Option C: Get a new 36" LCD for $800

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I pick... "C"

The LCD will last longer than plasma and use lots less energy than the old "Picture-tube" types.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Fuse or picture tube? [ 3 Answers ]

How can I tell if a fuse or picture tube is shoot?

Picture tube problem with Trinitron [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Sony Trinitron Color TV - Model no. KV-8AD11 The picture tube kept getting smaller and smaller until now it is just a single line. Occasionally (or if I tap the top robustly) it will expand back to normal. Any ideas? Dave

Knob and Tube tie-in [ 13 Answers ]

I apologize if I missed this info elsewhere. I have an 80 YO bungelow with seemingly healthy knob and tube wiring. The house has a combination of old and new wiring depending on when past work was done. My question is what is the safest, code friendly or preferred way to mate the old K&T to new...

View more questions Search