Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Annie_J Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Maytag dishwasher was intermittent, now doesn't work.
    On Christmas Day 2009, my family surprised me with a Maytag dishwasher, Model MDB6701AWB3. From the very start it would sometimes not work but after about 3 days it worked again. Over Memorial Day weekend it didn't work. I called a repairman from the store where it was purchased and since it was past 3 days it worked again when he touched the buttons. That cost me $100. A week ago, all the lights on all the buttons started flashing and nothing would make them stop flashing. Then by that evening, it died. Now it does nothing. I went to the Maytag website and was advised to hold the heated dry button for 3 seconds and if that did not fix it ( it didn't) I would have to call for repair service and that there would be a charge for a service call, parts and labor. Prior to this dishwasher, I had 3 Kenmores over a 35 year period and washed 1-4 loads per day. They were all working when I got a new one. I am disappointed in this dishwasher and wonder if you have any advice or ideas. Thank you.
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 08:57 AM

I had a Maytag DW some years ago and had no problems with it.

Don't just use the website, call them up and speak to them. The DW is probably still under warranty and you just got ripped off by the repair person who charged you $100. Maytag is a good company and if you don't yell and scream at them on the phone and be polite they just may send a proper repairperson to fix your DW at no charge and fix it correctly. The digital appliances can be touchy and this just might need a completely different motherboard to operate it. You should have contacted them immediately when it didn't work properly and they would have sent out a Maytag repairperson then and you would have avoided all the problems you are now having. For the price of these DW's I know they are not junk.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Maytag dishwasher 300 series, start/cancel pad is not working. All other pads work. [ 0 Answers ]

I choose cycle, shut the door, and click on start/cancel pad but nothing happens. If I press the delay time pad and select the time delayed (1HR) - it starts flashing, select the cycle "normal wash", and select the start/cancel, nothing happens and the flashing of the delay time stops and nothing...

Maytag dryer has intermittent heating element malfunction [ 3 Answers ]

I have a nearly new(about three years old) Maytag Neptune electric dryer. About a year ago, the unit began occasionally, and over several months more frequently, Running through it's dry cycle without the heating element coming on. Interestingly, whenever the heating element wasn't working, the...

Maytag Washer: Water fill intermittent [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washer, model number LAT9400AAW; washer is approx 14 yrs old. My problem is that the water fill is intermittent. Sometimes the water fills appropriately, other times the water stops filling, for both hot and cold water. When the water does stops filling intermittently, I hear a...

Leaking (intermittent) Maytag washing machine [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Maytag washer (model # MAV6057AWW). It has two main problems which are both intermittent: 1) sometimes I find a large puddle of water under/in front of the machine. It might happen once every month, or two days in a row. 2) more often than the above (but not all the time) it labors...

View more questions Search