Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Ruben5 Posts: 20, Reputation: 2

Jul 14, 2011, 06:41 PM
    Would you Buy this eBook if you can learn How To
    Would you buy an eBook if it gives you step by step instructions on how to create your own eBook. And you also get advice from other Succesfull eBook writers? And the eBook offers 75% affiliate program! If so how much do you think its worth?

joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2011, 04:54 AM
    About one cent.
    Can you say pyramid scheme?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 04:57 AM
    Not much at all.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 15, 2011, 06:25 AM

Nope, wouldn't touch it.
    Uber Member

Jul 15, 2011, 06:32 AM
    Every time I see "affiliate program" I dismiss it.

Jul 15, 2011, 07:30 AM
    Lol its not a pyramid scheme... Affiliate marketing is a common thing...
    But thanks for telling me that, so now I know its best not to mention
    That on my website...

By the way even Amazon has an affiliate marketing program..
    Believe I can see why you think it might be a pyramid scheme
    I got ripped off before from one...

But thanks for your honest opinion...

Ruben
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2011, 07:43 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruben5 View Post
    Would you buy an eBook if it gives you step by step instructions on how to create your own eBook.
    No, because this information is available for free on the web, and there is ePublishing for Dummies (Amazon.com: ePublishing for Dummies (For Dummies (Computer/Tech)) (9780764507816): Victoria Rosenborg: Books) available for free at/through your local public library. The two biggest challenges with ebooks is to make them worth reading (lots of editorial help needed) and then to market them.

Jul 15, 2011, 03:43 PM
    Comment on Wondergirl's post
    Thanks for your Honest opinion but the difference in my eBook is that I will have about 5 other Successful eBook writers from different niche's giving advice and tips on being successful in this eBook market... So what do you think? Do you think that would be enough?
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2011, 03:59 PM

the difference in my eBook is that i will have about 5 other Successful eBook writers from different niche's giving advice and tips on being successful in this eBook market... So what do you think? Do you think that would be enough?

You could have 50 successful authors giving advice in your book, but if it's badly written and poorly marketed, it will not sell.

Has an editor proofread it yet and cleaned it up?

Do you have reviewers lined up?

Do you have a marketing plan?

Jul 15, 2011, 10:07 PM
    Yes to all... Accept to having reviewers lined up... But one of the things I talk about in my eBook is that if there's a problem out there and you can fix it, then people will pay for your product... I looked on forums and Yahoo answers and I see the problems people are having and not only do I answer those questions I put those answers and more into my eBook... Who knows maybe my book won't do that well but Im willing to give it a shot...

By the way I'm just wondering do you have experience in the eBook business?

Jul 15, 2011, 10:14 PM
    The way I look at it is the worst thing that could happen is for someone to spend days to months writing an eBook for only no one to buy it! I know there's cheap books on Amazon but my book is more than just how to create one its about making money with one... Im focusing on quality not quantity for my eBooks..
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 15, 2011, 11:00 PM

As I said --

Has an editor proofread it yet and cleaned it up? If it looks poorly written with lots of mistakes, people won't buy it.

Do you have reviewers lined up? You need positive reviews.

Do you have a marketing plan? How will people find out about your book?
    Uber Member

Jul 16, 2011, 02:50 AM
    So many places to get free ebooks: 391 Places for Free Books Online
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 06:11 AM

Yes to all... Accept to having reviewers lined up... But one of the things I talk about in my eBook is that if theres a problem out there and you can fix it, then people will pay for your product... I looked on forums and yahoo answers and I see the problems people are having and not only do I answer those questions I put those answers and more into my eBook... Who knows maybe my book wont do that well but Im willing to give it a shot...

Then you actually need to learn how to spell. The bolded word above should be EXCEPT, not ACCEPT.
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 16, 2011, 09:40 AM

Ruben, I told you in another thread that my two nieces wrote a wonderful, exciting mystery and tried to sell it as an ebook for $5.00 for each download. They hoped to make lots of money. They even got friends to give positive reviews on their blogs. The book DID NOT SELL WELL because their marketing strategy was poor and because the book is full of grammatical and punctuation mistakes. My nieces have reduced the price for a download of their book to 99 cents. They had planned to write a sequel, but have given up on that idea.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Downloading an Ebook [ 1 Answers ]

I reqiure the modern compiler implementation in c (Revised) Edition ebook can any Body Help Me Out Or provide me The Ebook;

Ebook of meigs accounting [ 2 Answers ]

I want ebook of meigs and meigs for accounting. Can anyone help me?

Ebook [ 2 Answers ]

How to convert ebooks into different formats so you can be able to read them on hanhheld pcs,palms etc etc Please help :confused:

Ebook reader [ 10 Answers ]

Anyone can help me out what I have to buy to read my ebooks , I have lots of ebooks but want to read them by a handheld device not on my laptop . Thanks

View more questions Search