Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    16COgirl Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 04:32 PM
    How should I deal with my emotions?
    Hi
    I'm 16 and have been suffering depression for a long time. I now will go in the medicine cabinet and just grab a bunch of pills and take them not even caring what they are, I don't do it to get high or anything because mostly it's just benedryl. I like the fact that they make me very tired so I just sleep my problems away, I even don't mind that they make me very sick because it takes my mind off. I have also started cutting not deep just scratches so I guess that's not that bad, and it's not like I'm emo or anything I'm fairly girly girl.
    I now have a boyfriend who really cares about me and I've gotten so attached that I feel I only have him in my life this is because this past year my mom got very sick and now is very different to a point were I don't even know her and sometimes wish she had just died because it's too hard to see her. And my dad and I don't have the best relationship so I feel like if I didn't have my boyfriend I would just be lonely. I love him so much but he gets very mad to the point were I know I'm in an abusive relationship but it doesn't bother me cause I need him sometimes I feel like I want him to hurt me.
    But the main reason I'm writing this is because when I was 6 I was sexually abused by a family member but only once so I feel like I should be over it because it's like he had sex with me just fingering and then I feel lame cause I'll be crying at night for something that I should be over it's just hard because my parents new and his parents new but did nothing... and now he's in a band and there pretty popular down south so I feel like it's not fair to me, I'll even look at his twitter and myspace which is totally being like a creeper but it's like I have to know what he's up to, not because I'm scared of him just because I don't know. It sucks knowing about someone but can't do anything about it.
    Sorry about this being long. But I just don't know what to do about anything I feel so lost and lonely to the point were death would prob be better. My question is what would you do if you were in my situation? And I can't go to a therapist I've tried twice and the last time he never even mentioned my past just told me I had ADD and prescribed me aderal which I just used up till my parents stopped refilling my prescription.
    Wondergirl Posts: 39,354, Reputation: 5431
    Jobs & Parenting Expert

Jul 14, 2011, 04:58 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by 16COgirl View Post
    My question is what would you do if you were in my situation? And I can't go to a therapist Iv tried twice and the last time he never even mentioned my past
    I would go to another therapist. If you aren't getting what you need from that person, you shout out, "This is NOT working for me!!!! Get your act together and help me please." That's what I've always told my clients to do if I wasn't helping them somehow. You are the paying consumer, and the ball is in your court.

Find another therapist and keep us informed as to what is happening. I care and want you to get well.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 14, 2011, 05:18 PM
    Insurance these days doesn't cover enough therapy for emotional distress, so doctors throw pills down throats, which is bad enough but criminal when it comes to children. You need therapy, and group might be better as well as cheaper. A teen group if you can find one.
    Craving for love turns into all kinds of cravings, often just attention of any kind, whether it's a mean boyfriend or uncaring parent or even the attention of someone who did something to you years ago.
    It isn't easy to find love out in the wide world when you didn't get it as a child, or it was all mixed up with various kinds of abuse or neglect from people who meant well but had their own problems.
    Try to stay away from the need for a man. Concentrate on friends, a best friend, friend for life instead. That person will outlast a whole string of boyfriends and husbands.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Help with my emotions? [ 0 Answers ]

Hi I'm 16 and have been suffering depression for a long time. I now will go in the medicine cabinet and just grab a bunch of pills and take them not even caring what they are, I don't do it to get high or anything because mostly it's just benedryl. I like the fact that they make me very tired so...

How do I deal with my emotions? [ 5 Answers ]

I am 22 years old. I met a guy two years ago with whom I fell in love with. He moved to California and left me alone. I got so sad, disappointed and depressed. I longed to see him every day but it was all in vain. I spent the entire year in such a situation. I grew so thin and so destructed. Until...

So much emotions [ 7 Answers ]

Sometimes I feel toward some person love and suddenly I hate them, and then love them and at the time I don't like them I just pick a fight with them or just criticize them for remembering little things they did or I just picked up in it and I did not like it at the time but did not affect me that...

No emotions [ 6 Answers ]

I really think I'm going crazy or I'm just not normal I have a child of 7 yrs and I have no feelings for them at all not like some mothers do I've been like this since they were born I've tried but everything they do grates me

View more questions Search