Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    MaddieJ Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 14, 2011, 01:22 PM
    It shouldn't hurt my feelings... but it does.
    I talked to my boyfriend today and he told me he was at the falls, so I asked with who (expecting he was with family). Instead of being with family, he was with a group of our mutual friends. It really hurt my feelings that he didn't invite me. I wouldn't have been able to go anyway, and he knew that, but isn't it the thought that counts? I feel like he should have at least tried to get me to go. Should I talk to him about it? Or am I just being over emotional?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 14, 2011, 01:29 PM

You are being over emotional. Let it go, he will appreciate you for it. Just listen to his story about his day and be happy with him. Don't say a word about you not being invited. There will be other times, maybe you should be more attentive.

You will both have visits, travels, whatever that will not include both of you. The point is, you will appreciate each other more for being away for a day without each other.

There is so much time to enjoy being together, and if you truly love each other then the time spent together for special moments will be all the more precious.

Tick
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Jul 14, 2011, 01:29 PM

I think he should have told you he was going - but I don't think that's a deal breaker.

He knew you couldn't go so why bring up the topic?

If he respects you he won't TRY to get you to go. Apparently he does respect you.
    joypulv Posts: 21,591, Reputation: 2941
    current pert

Jul 15, 2011, 03:03 AM
    Curbing our tendencies to be jealous is the best way to keep a good relationship.
    Say 'I'll bet it was fun, tell me all about it' without recriminations.
    Fun apart adds to the things to talk about when you do get to see each other. Very important after several years! It's even good to plan events without each other by then, to keep from stagnating and resenting each other. Absence DOES make the heart grow fonder.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Why does my boyfriend always say things to hurt my feelings? [ 23 Answers ]

So my boyfriend always seems to say things that he knows that will get to me, like really rude comments about what I do or how I look. He makes me very upset and sometimes he crosses the line and says things that SHOULDN'T be said at ALL and he makes me cry and then when I'm crying he either gets...

He hurt my feelings and I can't let go... help! [ 3 Answers ]

A year ago, my boyfriend allowed a girl to give him a hickey with him right in front of me. While she was still there he told me that it felt good. I was beyond jealous and mad at both of them. His initial reaction to me being upset was defensive: he said that she didn't mean anything by it, that...

I get my feelings hurt REALLY easily. [ 3 Answers ]

Idk wats rong with me. I always used to cry about the little things I'm getting better at it, but still. I ALWAYS say sorry even when something has nothing to do with me. I always ask if I get on peeps nerves and if they are mad @me. I'm afraid I'm going to drive away one of my best friends doing...

I don't want to hurt his feelings [ 4 Answers ]

OK well I'm going out with someone but I really don't like him that much I like him as a frienf and I play along when he says I love you but I just don't know who to put it to him I mean he has other girls that like him and he said if we break up he is going to go out with one of them but the...

View more questions Search