Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    tinkerbell77 Posts: 96, Reputation: 6

Jan 30, 2007, 01:26 PM
    Child support
    I have a question about child support. I get child support for my two children according to our state calculation work sheet. Between our incomes and child care, and medical insurance the state has come up with an amount. He has always complained about the amount. I will be having another child with my new husband, and am expecting to take some extended medical leave with out pay from work. Since I'll be home the children will not be in day care. I know when my ex catches wind that they aren't in day care he will jump on the system to change my child support. Since I won't have any income and this is temperary, will they change the child support temperarly? I'm not thinking it will pay on his end since I won't have a income?? Does any one know the answer to this?
    I just don't want to go to court for a temp order and then again for another perminant one when I come back to work and they are back in day care? Any advise?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 01:42 PM
    Not sure about your state, but at least here your income has nothing to do with how much child support the one person pays, It is purely dependent upon their pay, Plus then other items like medical care and day care can be added.

So unless he is paying extra because of the day care, it should not, if he is paying a percetange of day care then that amount could be reduced.
    tinkerbell77 Posts: 96, Reputation: 6

Jan 30, 2007, 02:08 PM
    Thanks for the input, our state actually calculates the child support based off many factors. First is how much they are with each parent, then both parents incomes, any additional expences such as day care, and medical insurance. I played with the calculator that was on line and it looks like it would drop by 200$ a month if I'm not paying day care. But then when I put in a $0 income for myself it was still the same support. So I'm currious if they would mess with it at all. I'm thinking not?? But I'm just sick of going to court every few months over custody, child suport, something...
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jan 30, 2007, 03:33 PM
    Get used to going to court if you have children from a divorce with support and visitation.

Over 15 years I was back into court once or twice a year most years and even after a few years of no court about 10 times in one year.

Our standing joke was to buy stock in the legal firm doing our work

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Child support for child out of wedlock [ 8 Answers ]

My friend has been dating a man who is a millionaire(really) for two years. He is married and has two kids with wife. He has been financially supporting her all this time. Her role was to be available to jet set the world with him at a moments notice and of course look good and sleep with him. ...

Child Support and Child Custody [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering If child support and child custody are the same. I have a six year old daughter and I want to see her badly but her mother is holding child support over my head. I'm not saying she shouldn't but I have given her money on many occasions and for a year consitantly. Yet she refuses to...

Bio father rights/abandonment of child/child support? [ 6 Answers ]

I am 6 weeks pregnant and the father is my ex boyfriend. I reached out to him 3 different times to see how he felt about this and what his interest would be in terms of involvement with his child. He has been quite verbally hostile and told me to die and other choice things. What time frame...

Child Support after child is 18 yrs. Of age [ 5 Answers ]

If there is a court order in a divorce decree that the spouse is to pay child support until the child is 18 yrs. Old or until out of school, but the child support was never received, nor was it taken before Family and Children's services to enforce it to be done, is it possible years later (child...

Child support [ 4 Answers ]

In order to receive child support does the child have to have the father's last name?

View more questions Search