Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    janis153 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 01:57 PM
    My toilet makes noise after flushing, however, no vibration, just noise.
    My toilet makes a high pitched noise after being flushed. I don't have the ballcock type valve, and there is no vibration, only noise that stops after the toilet has filled.
    stanfortyman Posts: 5,598, Reputation: 279
    Electrical & Lighting Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 01:58 PM

I think this forum is more appropriate: Get answers from Plumbing
    ballengerb1 Posts: 27,378, Reputation: 2280
    Home Repair & Remodeling Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 03:06 PM

Unless you have an electric toilet I'm going to agree with Stan. Your fill valve has a washer/seal that closes once the water reaches the predeterimed level. That washer is vibrating as the water passes through it. If you can determine brand and model we can help you repair it or you can replace it with a Fluidmaster 400A for about $10
    speedball1 Posts: 29,301, Reputation: 1939
    Eternal Plumber

Jul 12, 2011, 08:04 PM
    UOTE=;][/QUOTE] As stated your noise is caused by vibration. Which ballcock do you have? Door number one or door number two? ( see image)
    Attached Images

Jul 12, 2011, 08:14 PM

Tom ,you are back!! I saw a call on my cell and will contact you tomorrow. Glad things are working for you again. Looks like we are still on the sam etrack, Bob
    hkstroud Posts: 11,929, Reputation: 899
    Home Improvement & Construction Expert

Jul 13, 2011, 05:07 AM

janis153 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Jul 13, 2011, 06:30 AM
    Comment on speedball1's post
    Door number one!

Jul 13, 2011, 06:38 AM

OK that's the Fluidmaster 400A I mentioned earlier. This should help if you want to repair YouTube - ‪Fluidmaster 400AK Complete Repair Kit Video‬‏

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Noise when flushing toilet [ 1 Answers ]

Ever since we hired someone to replace our old toilet for the 1.6 gallon toilet, we hear a bubbling noise in the wall when we flush the toilet especially in the morning and when water is filling up. It only happens in this bathroom. We are worried it could be a leaking pipe.Please help.

Sometimes one of my toilet makes the noise of flushing when no one has flushed [ 4 Answers ]

One of my toilets will intermediately make a noise as if someone has flushed it. Now another toilet is making a bubbling noise after flushing is finished. I opened the tank cover after flushing and there are bubbles coming up from a shaft on the left side of the tank. Sorry I don't know the name of...

Toilet makes noise after flushing [ 1 Answers ]

Our house is about 18 years old. Recently one of the toilets has started making a moaning sound which seems to start after the tank has refilled after flushing. Is this something which we can fix ourselves, or should we call a plumber?

Loud noise/ vibration after flushing [ 3 Answers ]

I have a situation where a loud noise comes from the plumbing in the wall after you flush and the water fills back up. The noise starts after the water is full and it shuts off. If the toilet is used often the noise/ vibration does not happen. But if it's only used once in awhile as soon as the...

Noise and vibration after flushing the toilet [ 4 Answers ]

Sometimes when we flush the toilet we hear a loud noise and vibration in a few of the pipes. What is this and how can we fix it?

View more questions Search