Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Jul 12, 2011, 09:53 AM
    Computer Gone Nuts
    I have a laptop that's a few months under a year old. The account on this laptop that I'm currently using is my third or fourth account, because my old ones kept messing up. I use Google for everything (literally), and my dad said I keep getting spyware and viruses from infected sites that I click on from Google. It's not a huge problem - he just makes me a new account every time the current one goes crazy. But this account, which he just made a few days ago, has some problems unlike the kind I used to have. This time, whenever I've been on the Internet for a while, when I close my Internet window, a smaller window - like a popup - is behind it. But the window isn't the usual kind of ad popups you get - it's a random Google search. (For example, the most recent one was the results for Google shopping search for iPhone.) Also, when I go to Google on purpose an search something, most of the sites I click on redirect me to an unfamiliar site with more search results - it's not Google-based, and it's not usually the same search site. But this happens with sites I've been to before without that problem, like robinjones.com. (I googled it to find the right address for the site, but when I clicked it that redirect thing happened.) I didn't think twice about it until now, when the popup problem happened. This time the window was in YouTube on some random user and it was asking "Are you sure you wish to block this user?" I don't even have a YouTube account! It's like someone else is using my computer at the same time as me. Have I been hacked or something?
    NeedKarma Posts: 10,635, Reputation: 1706
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2011, 10:21 AM
    Your computer is full of malware by the sounds of it. I would install MBAM and run it in Safe Mode: Malwarebytes : Malwarebytes Anti-Malware is a free download that removes viruses and malware from your computer

Then I would ditch whatever AV you have and install and scan using MSE: http://www.microsoft.com/security/pc-security/mse.aspx

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Are chestnuts nuts [ 6 Answers ]

I would like to know if water chestnuts are nuts or vegetables as my doctor told me do not eat nuts. Are chestnuts safe for me?

Lock nuts vs. Acorn nuts [ 6 Answers ]

I am putting an outdoor glider together and am curious as to why the back of the glider is fastened with acorn nuts, but the bottom of the seat is secured with lock nuts. Can anyone explain this to me?

Help I am going nuts with this [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie I saw on TV years ago about a woman who find out from the doctor she is dying so she hires a hitman to kill her she then find out the tests were wrong and she doesn't know how to contact the hitman to cancel the hit I don't rememeber the title or the actress but I have been...

Keep me from going nuts! [ 4 Answers ]

Okay, I'm toes up in bed with pneumonia for a little under a week already. I'm going to be here for quite a while, I hope! As opposed to dying! In 2005, I ended up being on bed rest from February through mid June. For years my wife has wanted to know if I could build her a Victorian style...

This is nuts [ 2 Answers ]

My lease was up in July of 07". In May I found this dog had it living in the apartment for less than a month. Started getting letters on my door saying they were going to charge 20 a day for the dog being there. So I kept the dog at my girlfriends house. Still keep getting letters. So finally they...

View more questions Search