Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    carrie1011 Posts: 17, Reputation: 2

Dec 29, 2011, 08:24 PM
    So, looking4? you did pass your EtG test after taking your last drink 66 hours prior?
    If so, yay! Please let us know!
    onecuriousgurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 05:24 PM
    How do you know if you are being tested for ETG? My urine reports state EThanol with screen limit of 20 mg/dL. So is it safe to assume they are only testing for Ethanol not ETG? Seems like it would show the ETG/ETS and screen limits if they tested for it.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2012, 05:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by onecuriousgurl View Post
    How do you know if you are being tested for ETG? My urine reports state EThanol with screen limit of 20 mg/dL. So is it safe to assume they are only testing for Ethanol not ETG? Seems like it would show the ETG/ETS and screen limits if they tested for it.
    Based on your report they are not testing for EtG/EtS rather it is a urine alcohol test at .02 (being standard).
    onecuriousgurl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Feb 20, 2012, 05:38 PM
    I have heard multiple times that the standard detection time for ETG is 65 hours... for the norm. The 80 hours is the extreme cases but it also depends on the screen limit they are using to detect. Personally I have seen many cases when the cutoff is 100 people have to spend money to hire a lawyer to prove it was incidental exposure. Simplay a screwed up system if you ask me.
    DrBill100 Posts: 3,241, Reputation: 502
    Ultra Member

Feb 20, 2012, 05:46 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by onecuriousgurl View Post
    I have heard multiple times that the standard detection time for ETG is 65 hours.... for the norm. The 80 hours is the extreme cases but it also depends on the screen limit they are using to detect. Personally I have seen many cases when the cutoff is 100 people have to spend money to hire a lawyer to prove it was incidental exposure. Simplay a screwed up system if you ask me.
    There isn't any standard time for EtG/EtS. It is dose dependent. But for very heavy alcohol consumption you are right on the money, 66 hours on average (range 40-96). Those figures are obtained from inpatient detoxification studies.

NOTICE: Any person or entity that is subjected to or relies on EtG testing should read this Advisory issued by the US Department of Health and Human Services, September 2006 and remains in effect as of date of this posting.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Will I pass EtG test after 59 hours? [ 22 Answers ]

I'm 6ft 3in 230 lbs I been drinking water for the last 3 hours my test is tomorrow by 11am... I drank last on Monday at 3am I have also been taking creatine and a detox pill I plan waking up early and running and sweatting allot will this be enough to pass

Can you pass an EtG test after 200 hours? [ 9 Answers ]

I haven't had a drink in over 200 hours will I pass an EtG test?

Would a 150 lb. Male pass an ETG test 65 hours after having 1 drink? [ 6 Answers ]

The drink was a Smirnoff Ice fruit drink mixed with Sprite.

It'll be around 112 hours since my last drink before I take my EtG test, will I pass? [ 4 Answers ]

Sorry, I am paranoid... I know I'm not suppose to drink but I couldn't help it. Last Saturday, had around 7 shots... and 3 mix drinks... and stopped on Sunday around 2am... I have a EtG test on Thursday (tomorrow) at 6pm. I know EtG only detects 80 hours... but I just need some reassurance from you...

Will I pass EtG test after 62 hours? [ 9 Answers ]

Saturday I drank about 12 beers, stopping at approx. 2:00 am. Im a healthy 125 lb female with a fast metabolism. I am taking an EtG test Tuesday at about 4:45 pm. Do you think I will pass? (That would be about 62 hours after consuption.)

View more questions Search