Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    naseal316 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 12, 2011, 04:08 AM
    Now she needs time to find herself, but wants to be great friends...
    So, the girl I love went away for the summer. We wrote letters all the time and every single one was full of the things we were going to do when she got back, how happy we were, and a future together. Then I get a midnight phone call that says it moved too fast, she wants time to find herself, we can still be great friends. I've been around the block a few times and know that generally means, new love interest. I can't be smothering her, I haven't seen her in over a month, nor texted or called. Any advice...
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 12, 2011, 07:04 AM

Where are you in all these?

Are you getting over her or hoping your no contact is going to 'bring her back'?

See this as over;take her word for it-you moved too fast and her feelings changed.
    talaniman Posts: 54,325, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 12, 2011, 12:32 PM

Its not about you, its about her changing her mind about future plans. You have to adjust to this change, if you can't be friends, then leave her alone and move on.
    HurtScorpio Posts: 92, Reputation: 23

Jul 12, 2011, 06:07 PM
    The whole "time to find herself" and "being great friends" are VERY irritating excuses that annoy me to hear from any male and female. I wish people would just be honest but they won't. Let her go. She probably has, as you said decided to see/date/go into a relationship with someone else and do not even talk to her. She does not deserve to be great friends with you. She was gone after one month? How nice of her! How great to know that she could be so faithful! At least you know sooner than later but don't torture yourself with any false promises of friendship because that is exactly what they are -false promises. Just say goodbye and realize she was not the one. Sorry for you, actually sorry for her!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

What makes sex great with stranger for first time ? [ 11 Answers ]

Personally , Ive never been satisfied with having sex with stranger for first time. I think its because guy doesn't know girl's body yet. So, I prefer trained(?) partner than one night standed. I'm wondering what guys preference?

Where Can I Find a Great Psychic in New York City? [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am looking for a professional psychic who someone could recommend to me. I am not a fan of the ladies on the streets that do tarot readings. I always feel like I am being scammed and I would really like to find a good psychic who has professional experience and also knows what she is doing!...

So when does a female become a girlfriend and is a great thing to be friends first? [ 9 Answers ]

I have been seeing this man for 2 months now. Great guy-we have a lot in common, get along well.we do a lot for one another,same morals and values See each other 1 time per week, he calls me 2-3 times perday-we talk for hours, more when we both have time. We are both 49(I divorced, he never...

Time In Great Britain [ 2 Answers ]

What is the curent time in London, England? Here in Michigan its 1538 hrs.

How do I find a great new job [ 16 Answers ]

Hi, I am new to this website and I am fresh out of ideas as far as the job market or marketing myself properly is concerned. I am also having an extremely hard time figuring out what I actually would like to do. I have an awesome job with benefits as a recruiter/temp laborer provider/asst....

View more questions Search