Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    thetermy Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 02:42 PM
    Watched a move with a gang that identified with raven tattoo
    I watched this movie a long time ago, more than 10 years ago... I cannot for the life of me find this movie. There was a gang, and they were robbing a train, all of the members had a signature crow or raven tattoo.! Help!! I really want to watch this again, and I am dying to find out what movie it was. I believe I saw it on HBO.
    infoguy Posts: 108, Reputation: 8

Jul 12, 2011, 06:17 PM

Go to the Internet Movie Database, The Internet Movie Database (IMDb). It contains a large database covering movies and TV shows of all varieties, and its search engine facilitates any number of approaches to deciphering a movie's title.

Click on the "Characters" option in the search window, then write the name of the character. This will take you to the character's home page, which ideally will have the name of the film itself. If the character appeared in more than one film (Sherlock Holmes, for example), there may be more than one movie listed. In some cases, there won't be a listing for the character, in which case you should return to the IMDB home page and start again.

Click on the "Names" option in the search window, then type in the name of the actor or director. You'll be sent to a page containing a list of all his work. Scroll through it until you find the name of the film you're looking for. This may take a little more work, but if you pinpoint the film name, you can be more assured that it's the right one. If you can't find it, go back to the IMDB home page.

Click on the "Plots" option in the search window, then type in key phrases connected to the plot. Examples of key phrases include "spy movie," "romance" or "explosions." Try to be as detailed as you can and include as many key phrases as you can. The engine will then take you to a list of plot summaries that include those key phrases. Sift through them until you find the one that matches your movie.

Jul 13, 2011, 12:11 PM
    ... I've tried all this, I don't remember anything

Jul 13, 2011, 12:43 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by thetermy View Post
    ... I've tried all this, I don't remember anything
    You said you don't remember anything, but your first post kind of snafu's that idea. So, here is a useful tip that works on some search engines including Google. Use double quote marks to force only sequential finds of terms. I'm sorry if that sounds "techy" but that is my life! For instance, if you were looking for a blue-green bicycle, and you put in for the search terms on Google,

Blue green bicycle

... you might get results like
    [blue car]
    And
    [green grass]
    And
    [antique bicycle].

But if you put in your search terms like this:

"blue green bicycle"

... you would probably get results like:

[blue green bicycle]
    And
    [blue-green bicycle].

You could use that method to search for the kind of word combinations you used when you started this thread. Good luck!

Jul 13, 2011, 01:49 PM
    I've been googling this for 4-5 years... I just tried your method and I am not getting any results :(

Thanks for the help though

Jul 13, 2011, 06:36 PM

Sorry it wasn't working for you! Below is an example of a Google advanced search, using techniques such as I described, complete with filters (the minus signs before words at the end) to reduce trash, customized to your present situation:

(movie OR film OR show OR dvd) (gang OR gangs OR group OR groups OR club OR clubs) ("robbing a train" OR "train robbery") ((("raven (tattoo OR tattoos)") OR (("crow (tattoo OR tattoos)" OR ("(tattoo of a raven" OR "tattoo of a crow)")) -***** -sexy -

Please note that the above single search found your posts on this forum, as well as on movieforums.com, just in case you don't think advanced searches work very well. But to see ALL the results, you may have to click to show the omitted results. Of course, you can modify the search right on Google because all the search terms will be reproduced in the search bar when you use the hyperlink. Have fun with it!

Jul 13, 2011, 07:18 PM

Here is yet another approach that you amy like: Go to mamma.com and copy and paste the following boolean statement into the search box, then launch the search:

("train robbery" OR "rob a train" OR "robbing a train") ("movie" OR "show" OR "film" OR "dvd")

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I would like to get a pill identified if possible [ 3 Answers ]

I have found a round pill, light blue, with the imprint G14 on one side of it. Can anyone please tell me what this is?

Need pill identified [ 1 Answers ]

Today I found 2 pills under my bed. They are identical. It's a non-scored round peach tablet with 968 on one side and 93 on the other side. Having had chronic pain for a number of years, as well as numerous other health issues, I cannot recall every taking a pill that looks exactly like this. I'm...

Need pill identified [ 4 Answers ]

I found several pills (all the same) but don't recognize them. They are oblong, white with the inscription NT on 1 side and HYL on the other. They are each 1/2" long. Can anyone tell me what they are? I don't know if they are prescription or over-the-counter. They were in a non-descript...

View more questions Search