Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    michal1 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 11, 2011, 08:28 AM
    How to hook up robertshow thermostat?
    I have a Robertshow thermostat (item is C9615) and I do not know how to do the wiring to hook up the heating and the AC.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Jul 11, 2011, 04:35 PM
    Unless you have a heatpump you`ve got a little more tstat than you need,but other than paying too much you can still use it. If the old tstat was wire correct and you have furnace/airhandler and aircondition
    It should be
    Red to R,, white to W, green to G,, and yellow to Y.
    It would be much better if you make a note/memo as to what wire went to what post on the old tstat
    johnj1234 Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2011, 06:01 PM
    You thermostat should have these letters inside of it r,y,w,g,c
    r-red is 24 volts from furnace
    w-white is to engauge heat
    y-yellow is to engauge outside unit
    C is common ground from furnace t_stat

Make sure wires on t-stat are the same on furnace board located by blower motor

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I don't know how to hook up my new thermostat [ 3 Answers ]

I am replacing a honeywell thermostat. I only have 4 wires coming out of my wall. Green--wired to the 'C' on the old thermostat Red----wired to the 'C' on the old thermostat White---wired to the 'W' on the old thermostat Black---wired to the 'P' on the old thermostat I purchased a RTH7500...

How to hook up a three wire thermostat? [ 2 Answers ]

I have the old round honeywell thermostat with three wires white,green,red and now I want to hook up my new thermostat which is a honeywell rth230b thermostat. But I do not know which wire goes where because on the old thermostat the white is hooked to the y which is easy to figure out where that...

How can I hook up a hunter thermostat [ 0 Answers ]

I went to a house and they had a thermostat disconnected with no labels on the wires and they want a hunter set and save 44155 thermostat hooked up it has six slots for wires but the other had 7 wires hooked up the colors that were hooked up were blue, black, green, yellow, red, white, orange can...

How do I hook up my thermostat [ 2 Answers ]

Hi my name is prosider, I'm new to this forum and need help with my heating thermostat. My question is: I replace my bryant thermostat with a honeywell, the wires coming out of the wall are red white green and blue, the terminals on the thermostat are rh rc w y g. I had red hooked to rh...

Thermostat hook uo [ 5 Answers ]

I have a rheem heat and air conditioner need to no how to hook up thermostate model rpnd-024j wire colors are brown/yellow/bluewhitestripe/red/black/blackgreenstripe/blue okay I have a honey well thermostat7850 wire colors are black/white/orange/brown/yellow/green/blue/which wires go to geather...

View more questions Search