Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hkod70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 06:59 PM
    I want to get my retainer back from my lawyer?
    My laywer is dragging my case, can I sue her for my retainer?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 07:02 PM

You can ask for the balance of the retainer back and fire the attorney, They will give you a itemized bill of all of the time and costs and deduct it.

What do you call "dragging" your case. I have seen law suits take 4 to 10 years depending on what is going on in the case.
    hkod70 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 07:13 PM
    My case was settled for mediation and parenting coordinator, my 2nd lawyer ( the current one) cancelled the mediation, refused to file a contempt towards my soon to be ex for not complying with the judge ording us to attend parenting class ( I attended and on file in the court), refused to file for contempt towards my ex for missing not one but several dates to file his financials, refused to file for a child support or spousal support based on both of us live in the same house an he pays the mortgage yet he does not pay for food nor clothing nor gas, she took the side of my ex's attorney to cancel the parenting coordinator and elevate it to custody evaluation and send us to this incompetent unprofessional psychologist who has the reputation of being bias to the payer side which happened to be the husband side and when I told her in a private meeting in her office about his reputatuion, then in a conference with the judge she told the judge that I contest this psychologist because he is a man! So now, after all this what do you think I shall do with her?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How can I get a collection lawyer off my back? [ 1 Answers ]

Purchased a vehicle in Nashville, TN. 5 or 6 yrs. Ago. It was a lemon and circumstances happen to which I could not continue paying for it. After they picked up vehicle, I never rcv'd a statement of what they sold the car for, nor a balance of what I owed. I have now a collection lawyer after me in...

Landlord's lawyer says we have no case and we are not getting any money back [ 3 Answers ]

This is a month to month lease in New York. During October ,Nov and Dec. landlord refuses to fix heat and there was NO heat throughout house with numerous notifications. We thought he would fix it but instead right before Christmas tells us either we fix it or get out. The boiler man says the...

Permanent retainer [ 1 Answers ]

If I have a permanent retainer on the top of my teeth do I also have to wear the regular retainer on the top of my teeth tooth cause I just came from my dentist and she gave me both but everyone else tell me I am OK with the permanent retainer??

My retainer [ 2 Answers ]

I've been searching this site all over but does anyone know what tcr means I have to get a back-up retainer with "TCR".does anyone know what that means and where it is placed?I forgot to ask my ortho...

Should I have to pay for another retainer? [ 2 Answers ]

I have had my braces off since November of 2006. I have had a retainer ever since. Today (June 4, 2007) I went for a retainer check at the orthodontist. My lower right lateral (number 26 tooth, the front, bottom 2 over) has moved a little bit inward. It is noticeably out of line from the others. I...

View more questions Search