Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dronit Posts: 61, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 08:51 AM
    What do you think is the best idiology?
    I'm not sure myself, most idiolgys sound good on paper but to be put into practce I'm not sure?

Comunists for example sounds good, every one being equal, but as we have seen it hasn't worked there are still people at the top who controle.

Democrasy - Every one one has the right to vote, but we can't vote on every issue you can choose who is in power but all polititions seem the same and have the same agender, so it may as well be a dictatorship.

Anarcy having no government would work only if all humans were peacefull, unforntatly we know this isn't the case so it wouldn't work either.

How could we make the world better and more balanced
    TUT317 Posts: 657, Reputation: 76

Jul 10, 2011, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by dronit View Post
    I'm not sure my self, most idiolgys sound good on paper but to be put into practce i'm not sure?

Comunists for example sounds good, every one being equal, but as we have seen it hasn't worked there are still people at the top who controle.

Democrasy - Every one one has the right to vote, but we can't vote on every issue you can choose who is in power but all polititions seem the same and have the same agender, so it may as well be a dictatorship.

Anarcy haveing no goverment would work only if all humans were peacefull, unforntatly we know this isn't the case so it wouldn't work either.

How could we make the world better and more balanced

Hi dronit,

Yes, most political theories do sound good on paper. The reason being is that political theories are subject to a reductionist process. In other words, the attempt to take complex issues (politics) and examine its constituent parts. By examining these parts there is a mistaken belief that once understood we can predict the future.

For example, Marx believed within an industrialized society the driving force of history is the fact that mans economic circumstances determines how he thinks. Once we have understood this principle it becomes possible to predict and/or control the future direction of society.

Karl Popper refers to this as 'historicism'. These type of theories are always utopian. Popper places no great faith in the right to vote. He simply sees voting as an opportunity to rid ourselves of bad politicians. Popper prefers the democratic process because there exists the opportunity for criticism. Utopian theorists of the left and right don't take kindly to criticism because it may force them to change their original predictions.

Popper advocates the process of falsification rather than verification when it comes to politics. We should not be looking for ways to show how our political theories are correct, but we should be looking for ways to show why they might be false. It is through this falsification process that we can come up with a revised version of our political theories.

As stated, earlier, the democratic process allows for falsification. All politicians are historicist until they are forced to compromise or change their position due to criticism and/or the lack of support for their position.

What is the best political system? As strange as it may seem I think Popper would be forced into a position of supporting a kingship, dictatorship, or totalitarian government provided the falsification principle was firmly in place.

Tut
    Sovereign227 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 22, 2011, 06:09 PM
    Governing people isn't perfect because people aren't perfect. Even if a system is perfect the people running it won't be. Democracy is good enough.
    Question_All Posts: 26, Reputation: 2

Feb 25, 2012, 09:08 AM
    Eh all of those depend on on "perfect person" to make them work and if the person decides not to work for the good of the people they fall apart. My ideology is that strength is defined by how far you are willing to go to succeed in your goals. Justice is a flawed concept because it assumes that it will be possible for people to be equal when in truth different people will be born with different choices and therefore they can never be equal. Cruelty is just a word invented by the losers in life that weren't "cruel" enough to stand up for themselves and take what they need. Ideologies are so convenient to control other people and the people that recognize this won't be able to resist using them to control people. Ideologies are always flawed because they assert one absolute justice/truth and do bend to meet the needs of the people.

Feb 25, 2012, 09:16 AM
    Secondly working from the assumption that most people are stupid democracy falls apart and it does because it's a fact that most people are stupid and following the will of the majority will work against the interest of the majority. If there can found a single person cruel and capable enough to dominate the rest and guide them to success can be found then dictatorship will become the superior form of government but that person would also have to be capable of finding someone just as capable as he is to succeed him. Just look at the U.S the country itself is slowly falling apart because the people are incapable of choosing competent leaders and almost all of candidates are too incompetent to control this giant country.

Feb 25, 2012, 09:19 AM
    Oh and in the last sentence of answer_1(08:08 am) I meant to say "do *not* bend" instead of "do bend"

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search