Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jtfischetti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 06:34 AM
    York Heat Pump AC Issue
    I have two eight year old York heat pumps on my house. The smaller unit is for upstairs and we have noticed lately that in the AC mode the temp upstairs is higher than we set the unit for. We set it for 75 and the temp rises well into the low 80's. We can hear the fan running in the house and air is coming out of the vents. We notice that if we shut off the thermostat and remove the batteries, then put it back together and restart it from the thermostat it will often work again. This does not always work but at some point it will begin cooling properly again. This is the first time we have had any issue with this unit. The filters are new.

Thanks for helping!

Check out some similar questions!

York Heat Pump [ 0 Answers ]

My heat pump is cycling every 2 seconds for about an hour first thing in the morning. Why is it doing that? The heat in the house is working fine.

4 ton York Heat Pump [ 5 Answers ]

I have a 4 ton York heat pump that just suddenly started making a screaching sound when the heat pump comes on. It makes the noise almost all the time so I turned of the heat pump and have been heating with the emergency heat for the last few days. A repair man told me that probably my compressor...

NO HEAT! Janitrol heat pump and AC system. Changing to Lux Thermostat. Wiring issue. [ 11 Answers ]

I have a Janitrol A/C and heat pump system. I replaced the thermostat with a Lux T9000LC The A/C works fine, but the heater does not. I have it wired as follows: G - Green Y - Yellow W - White RH - Pink B -

York heat pump [ 1 Answers ]

I have a older york heat pump that a technician came out to try to repair. He said the board was bad and tried to wire it so that the out side heat pump would run to keep the House cool. Well I found out what had happened to the board (Relay was pulled away from the circuit board from the fan wire...

View more questions Search

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.