Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nat2 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 04:04 AM
    I don't know ifmy dog has a tumor or a stomach virus, parasite
    My dog is acting strange like she is sick but I don't know if she has a tumor or stomach virus or other diseaes dogs can get.I know something is wrong but how can I tell what it is
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 04:57 AM

Absolutely a no brainer, nat, you take your dog to the vet so she can be diagnosed properly. How is she acting? Is she eating, drinking? What tells you it is something wrong with your stomach?

No one can tell you this but a qualified vet and if you feel your dog is really ill, the vet must be visited.

Tick
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 08:55 AM

I'm sure she is not acting herself, but did you see her eat something that could make her sick? Was this sickness brought on quickly? Or did it slowly appear?

Parasites and viruses can be tested through a fecal. Some viruses need a blood sample. Feel around in her stomach. If you feel some hard, then it's a tumor.

You need to go to the vet if you feel your dog is not acting right. There is no way of anyone knowing what is wrong with y
    Lucky098 Posts: 2,594, Reputation: 543
    Ultra Member

Jul 10, 2011, 08:56 AM

I'm sure she is not acting herself, but did you see her eat something that could make her sick? Was this sickness brought on quickly? Or did it slowly appear?

Parasites and viruses can be tested through a fecal. Some viruses need a blood sample. Feel around in her stomach. If you feel some hard, then it's a tumor.

You need to go to the vet if you feel your dog is not acting right. There is no way of anyone knowing what is wrong with your dog.
    LadySam Posts: 1,589, Reputation: 322
    Cats Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 03:47 PM
    I'm just going to be the echo here, You know your dog better than anyone else, if you feel that something is just not right then it probably isn't.
    Best Wishes
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 08:06 PM

I'll make it unanimous. It's time to go to the vet. Obviously you know something is wrong, but no one on the internet can tell you what it is. Only a vet can, and that should be where you're headed to.

Good luck.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

If one partner has the stomach virus does the other partner get the smotch virus? [ 6 Answers ]

My boyfriend hade the virus for a couple of days, He started throwing after his game on the 29th of december(miss his game on the January 1st), and I was with him on the 28, Is there a chance I could get the virus?

Is my dog going to get the parvo virus? [ 11 Answers ]

I brought a 8 week old blu heeler home that had parvo my 5-8 year old dog (zu) that was given to me about a month ago, was exposed to the parvo, they drink and ate from the same bowls went outside in the same yard, etc... well the second I realized the puppy had parvo I separated them, I took the...

A parasite on my dog? [ 2 Answers ]

I'm pretty sure it came from my dog because it was lying down on my couch on my covers. I took my covers to my room and I saw a medium (definately not tiny or small) sized bug crawling on it so I threw my covers. I got a closer look and it started hopping around then it began to fly. I saw a whole...

View more questions Search