Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wolfeman Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 10:58 PM
    Need my contact list
    I have straight talk Nokia smart phone that broke and I need my phone list how do I get it
    Pleasehelpme411 Posts: 14, Reputation: 1

Jul 10, 2011, 12:12 AM
    Well if you want to get technical you should try taking it to a phone store, I'm not sure how to really help, other than look up scientific ways to get it working again to basically extract your memory from your phone and put it on a screen. Haha, not sure, I'd say that is your only option. What happened to it? If you don't want to spend the money could tell me what's actually damaged and maybe I can research some things, solutions. etc.

Hope this helped - Expecting response :)
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2011, 07:04 AM

Your contacts may be on your SIM card. Some contacts may be stored on the phone, others on the SIM card. So when you transfer the card to a new phone they will be there. For the contacts stored in the phone's memory you will need a Nokia technician to advise on extracting them. So take it to a store for your carrier.

For your next phone, you might look for one that allows you to back up or synchronize your contacts with your PC.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Jul 10, 2011, 07:07 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Pleasehelpme411 View Post
    well if you want to get technical you should try taking it to a phone store, i'm not sure how to really help, other than look up scientific ways to get it working again to basically extract your memory from your phone and put it on a screen. Haha, not sure, i'd say that is your only option. What happened to it? If you don't want to spend the money could tell me whats actually damaged and maybe i can research some things, solutions. etc.

Hope this helped - Expecting response :)
    There are two types of questions here, technical and non-technical. The technical questions have a higher standard when it comes to accuracy. We try not to make guesses just to answer a question. We answer when we are reasonably sure we know the answer. You clearly did not and should not have tried to answer this question.

On the other hand, I've reviewed all your attempts to answer other questions. Most of them are quite good, but they deal with opinions, not technical facts. I suggest you stick to those.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Jul 10, 2011, 07:33 AM

Straight talk has a built in card, and is not movable from phone to phone by the customer. Also they have no stores or service centers anywhere ( they are sold though walmart)

So I assume you did not write them down ( which is what everyone should do) They may well be no way that is very cheap, a tech at a good phone center may be able to draw it out of the old phone, but not without fees since it will not be their service

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Contact list [ 0 Answers ]

When I go to look at the msn messenger box I see that there is a box that says see who is in your contact list then when you click on it it says these people have you in their contact list, my question is if they remove you would their email/screen address be gone from the contact list that say you...

How to get my contact list [ 1 Answers ]

I was wondering how to get my contact list off my cell phone that is broken! And I need my numbers so how do I get them off my cell and on to my computer?? ::confused:

View more questions Search