Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask

Jul 9, 2011, 12:42 AM
    "Love" Help!
    All right well first off, I put love in quotations because I am only 16 and I doubt that the word in certain ways even applies to me at this time, and truthfully I just sort of want to have some sort of reasurance on me finding someone because the answer seems to "flicker", if that makes sense. I am possibly one of the few good guys in my school and I can't help but try and find a girlfriend even if that's not exactly what I should be focusing on at this point in my life, but I'm stuck with the "curse" of being a hopeless romantic and so it's reeaallly hard for me not to think or act upon it. I guess I just really don't get why I've yet to get a girlfriend when I'm a decent looking guy, I'm decently confident, I'm fit (as I've been doing Martial arts and parkour since I was 2), and I've been making it a point to try and meet new people and ultimately find a girl, and although it's a strong majority that she may not be "the one" I still feel like I need a girlfriend although as to the reasoning behind it, I find myself beyond words or beyond comprehension. So on that I simply ask again for something you may believe could help me in some way, shape, or form.
    Thanks in advance.
    amicon Posts: 6,066, Reputation: 1911
    Uber Member

Jul 9, 2011, 04:56 AM

Focus upon not needing a girlfriend-focus on making friends.

Needy is not attractive and once you relax and live a life you're happy with the oppurtunity to meet the right person will sort it self out.
    Jake2008 Posts: 6,721, Reputation: 3460
    Emotional Health Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 05:15 AM
    I think at your age, it is natural that you would be interested in having a girlfriend. Likely many of your friends do, and maturing and hanging out and doing things as couples, is a natural part of growing up. I'm not sure if I'm in the ballpark here when I say that. But it seems to me you are ready and mature enough to have a girlfriend.

And that is what you want.

I am curious as to what you have done to move in that direction. Is there actually a girl you are interested in? Have you dated before now?

It seems to me that you are doing all the right things. Meeting new people, keeping yourself busy with school and activities. I don't know why you would consider yourself a 'hopeless romantic'- what does that mean.

Maybe it's a matter of just taking things up a notch. If you find you are interested in a girl, ask her out. Nothing major- ask if she might be interested in seeing a movie with you sometime. There is a 50/50 chance that she will say yes, and you have nothing to lose.

You are lucky you are 16 because there is no hurry or rush, and I don't get the impression you would have a girlfriend just to have a girlfriend. Take your time, maybe try to date more, and not necessarily with just one girl. Date, have fun, keep things in perspective.
    ZenWarrior Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 07:06 AM
    All right well 1st off I was forced to change my username to this one here do to login problems with the one I posted this question on. And to answer the question on what is a hopeless romantic in short they are people who are "in love with love" this did a pretty good job on expanding on what it is though: http://www.urbandictionary.com/iphone/#define?term=hopeless%20romantic
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Jul 9, 2011, 11:17 AM

Have you actually asked a girl out?
    ZenWarrior Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Jul 9, 2011, 03:20 PM
    To answer Talanim yes I have ask a girl out, a few actually but all of them but one said the same thing: "i just want to be friends". The one girl that didn't say that was my first girlfriend who broke up with me after a week because, and I quote "I'm not used to dating a nice guy, I usually date jerks" -__-

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

I just want my girlfriend to love me again, I love her but she doesn't love me anymore [ 34 Answers ]

3 moths ago, I broke up with my girlfriend for no reason at all. And for the past 2 months she tried and tried to make me go back to her. But I didn't give her a chance. That was the biggest mistake in my life. And then as time passes, we just don't get along anymore, and I keep pushing her away...

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him [ 13 Answers ]

I love a boy who love me earlier but now he hates me but I still love him... Because of some misunderstanding and maybe he got bored.. I myself don't know the real reason ... but I still love him... how can I get him back...

Behind the scenes worker falls in love with a woman competing for a mans love [ 1 Answers ]

What movie is about how a woman competes to win the love of a bachelor on a TV show then falls in love with one of the workers?

Love, understanding love, types of love [ 12 Answers ]

I thought this would be interesting to discuss. We all use love so much, we could say we love someone, then the next moment, we say we love our car, or wed love a big mac. I was watching this interesting video, in which this guy explained that the hebrews had 3 words for love. Raya- friendship...

View more questions Search