Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Jul 8, 2011, 06:41 PM
    New Hermit Crab
    I broke the Number One Rule Of All Things Pet-Related and bought a creature I know nothing about from a pet store. (Well, technically a beach store.) So now I've been googling care information but don't know where to start. All I have is a plastic jar of food, a little plastic house thing, a sea sponge, and a bunch of tiny glittered shells. Oh, and one (big?) hermit crab.
    I don't have too much money to spend on it, either. Help me please! (But I don't want to return it 'cause it's kind of cool.)
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jul 8, 2011, 07:08 PM

For one thing your going to need other shells for your crab as they change homes as they grow. They can get quite large. Also don't over handle or drop your crab. They can be friendly and curious just always be causious. Also your going to want a larger tank so they can roam around.
    WriterGirl_15 Posts: 79, Reputation: -3

Jul 10, 2011, 10:19 AM
    My mom wouldn't let me keep it. :( So I 'returned' it to the beach. From what I read about the store conditions, it's better off there than that store anyway.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How do I get a Hermit Crab off me when it is pinching me? [ 20 Answers ]

OK so yesterday I got a Hermit Crab and I went to my grandmas and grandpas and I was holding her basically the whole time... then I went to my aunts... and she was pinched me and I started crying... and aunt tried to get it off just pulling gently... it wouldn't budge so she got a butter knife......

Cat actys like a hermit crab [ 2 Answers ]

Helloo :o I have a new kitten, her name is Auni She's so adorable and tiny, but she acts kind of strange sometimes. Im not particularly worried, just curious. Sometimes, she puts her back in the air (kind of like those cartoony black cats when their angry) and walks sideways, like a...

View more questions Search